Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
About the role
As Member Involvement Coordinator, you will be part of a team responsible for creating opportunities for people with lived experience of homelessness in the design, development and delivery of Crisis’s work. You will co-ordinate he involvement of people with lived experience of homelessness in a range of events and projects across the organisation. Over the last few years, our ability to involve member in meaningful ways that genuinely impact their progression out of homelessness has gone from strength to strength. We are looking to expand the Member Involvement team to increase our visibility and our capacity to support teams to embed co-production in their work and increase the number of opportunities we make available to our members.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in working with people who are experiencing homelessness and/or multiple disadvantage
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong organisational skills and experience in coordinating meetings and events
- A passion for working collaboratively, sharing ideas and thinking creatively
- approachable, non-judgmental and able to adapt to working with a broad range of people, creating a comfortable, professional and productive environment
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with safeguarding procedures
- Commitment to Crisis’ purpose and values including equality and social inclusion
- Lived experience of Homelessness is not essential but is preferred
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
• Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
• Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
• 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team, contact details can be found on our website.
Closing date: Monday 3rd May 2021 (at 23:59)
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 11th May 2021
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.