Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
You will be joining a dynamic and hardworking Volunteering team, delivering support to a unique mix of charity shops, e-commerce, innovation and our Venture Studio.
About the role
As Volunteering Partner - Enterprise you will be part of a progressive and supportive central volunteering team while leading the development of volunteering in a dynamic and innovative Enterprise Department. You will:
• Lead Enterprise volunteering projects that significantly improve the quality and quantity of our volunteering offer
• Shape the volunteering requirements which underpin Enterprise workforce planning, using data, technology and knowledge of best practice from across the sector
• Provide support across the whole Enterprise team in identifying gaps and helping to identify opportunities for volunteer project collaboration
• As a volunteering expert, coach and build the understanding and knowledge of best practice in volunteer management with shop managers to support and enable growth
To be successful in this role you will need to be positive, collaborative and an able communicator. We are looking for candidates who can coach and empower, build knowledge of best practice in volunteering and deliver the very best support to our whole Enterprise department. This unique department needs the support of someone comfortable with managing multiple projects, creating new processes and volunteer journeys and providing the highest quality of service for our managers and their teams.
The right candidate will be someone who wants to be part of ending homelessness, and understands that providing volunteers with the platform to give their best is essential to that.
We want Crisis to be an inclusive employer which then reflects our members and the communities we work in. We want to offer opportunities to everyone regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
Working at Crisis
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
• Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
• Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
• 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
When you join us you will have the opportunity to join our staff diversity networks, which aim to champion issues across the organisation, enable staff to be their authentic and best selves and contribute to making Crisis a truly diverse organisation.
We have 5 staff diversity networks which include Black, Asian and Ethnic people, LGBTQ+ people, those with Lived Experience of Homelessness, Women at Crisis and Disability Awareness.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Sunday 8th August 2021 (at 23:59)
Interviews will be held on the 17/18th August.
We welcome applications from people who identify as neuro diverse and want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email our Recruitment team, contact details can be found on our website.
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.