Our office is located in Hatfield, Herts, however, like many organisations we are all currently working from home due to the coronavirus pandemic, although previously we were largely office based. Due to the experience we have gained during this period, consideration will be given to requests for working from home arrangements.
This role is full time (35 hours), however, due to the effect the pandemic has had on the charity we have had to ask our staff to reduce their hours to 80% and our full time employees are currently working 28 hours per week. We will be returning to full time working as soon as we can, but no later than January 2021.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Marketing, Communication & Digital team as a Campaigns Project Coordinator.
You’ll work to support and assist the Communications team in delivery of the Charity’s campaign work to engage key audiences and support the ambitions of the strategic plan. You'll support our award-winning campaign Not Every Disability is Visible - challenging public perceptions of disability and our It Takes Guts campaign - empowering people with tools and confidence to start conversation about their conditions.
With proven experience of working on successful media campaigns and generating high-quality, effective media coverage, you will also have a working knowledge of digital media, including social media, video and graphics. Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism in working with both journalists, agencies, supporters and colleagues but especially when working with case studies when you also need to understand GDPR requirements. Our priority is always helping those living with IBD so experience of reporting on media campaigns and showing their impact and a commitment to the Charity aims and values are essential.
- Work with the support of the Campaigns Manager to deliver the new campaign plans for Not Every Disability is Visible and It Takes Guts. Work confidently and closely with agencies and internal stakeholders to lead on small defined projects within the campaign plans.
- Work with case studies to create content (blogs, website articles, social media posts etc) for our campaigns work. To include interviewing over the phone or via email, writing copy and obtaining consent and appropriate sign-off.
- Write engaging and accurate external facing campaign copy tailored to our various social and digital channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and the Crohn’s & Colitis UK website and microsites.
- Be aware of other charities information, community support and income raising ideas and share this knowledge, feeding into the delivery of and where required the development of our new campaigns and comms plan.
- Write engaging copy for our internal audiences to ensure they are aware of and engaged with the charity’s campaign and comms objectives. Internal channels include, but are not limited to, all staff news site, trustee’s intranet, and Local Network Snapshot.
- Support in the development of ideas, sourcing stories and writing copy for our new bi-weekly e-newsletter and campaigner emails.
- Ensure brand language is accurate throughout internal and external comms.
- Maintain and update the It Takes Guts website to ensure relevant content from across the charity is uploaded to best support the community talking about their conditions. Update our main website with news items and blogs, where required.
- Monitor the Campaign email inbox and Not Every Disability Is Visible (NEDIV) email inbox, responding to enquires with support of Campaigns Manager.
- Assist in the preparation and dissemination of campaign briefings and supportive materials for relevant staff and volunteers.
- Assist the Campaigns Manager in monitoring, analysing and reporting on the impact of our campaigns.
- Work in conjunction with Campaigns Manager to ensure campaign liaison cross other teams and departments, specifically, the Fundraising, Knowledge and Evidence, Digital and Comms team.
- Attend meetings and events when required, necessitating travel within the UK, occasionally working outside of regular hours and with occasional overnight stays (on hold currently because of the pandemic).
If this sounds like it could be the role for you then we would love to hear from you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.