Our office is located in Hatfield, Herts, however, like many organisations we are all currently working from home due to the coronavirus pandemic, although previously we were largely office based. We will consider other working locations
This is a full time position (35 hours per week). However, due to the effect the pandemic has had on the charity we have had to ask our staff to reduce their hours to 80% and our full time employees are currently working 28 hours per week. We will be returning to full time working as soon as we can, but no later than January 2021.
You will be a highly motivated and target driven individual who has successfully managed large scale, high quality events and run marketing campaigns to recruit event participants or fundraisers, as well as pruducing new fundraising products, either events or community fundraising activities and developing engaging supporter journeys for your fundraisers and event participants to inspire and engage their long term support.
You'll have significant experience of leading and managing teams as well as bugetary and financial management responsibilities, negotiation with suppliers to achieve the best deal to maximise income and analysing an event to review its financial success and the ROI.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills will enable you to engage effectively with key stakeholders, supporters and colleagues from across the charity.
If this sounds interesting to you, then we'd love to hear from you.
1. Develop and manage Crohn’s and Colitis UK’s Community Fundraising and Events programmes
- Develop and implement a Community Fundraising strategy, introducing this new income stream to the organisation.
- Create new, appealing Community fundraising activities to recruit new audiences and supporters including small-scale corporate partners, clubs/associations and individuals, deliver initial pilot activities followed by rigorous evaluation and review of potential financial and supporter engagement value.
- Develop an Events Fundraising strategy, ensuring that we are the charity of choice for prospective event fundraisers with a link to Crohn’s and colitis, and develop a varied events portfolio which maximises income opportunities.
- Explore Event and Community charity of the year partnerships, producing high quality pitches and proposals.
- Oversee the growth and evolution of our bespoke events, developing them into the organisation’s flagship events, tailored to the needs of our community and supported across the charity.
- Work with colleagues in Marketing and Communications to produce robust and creative marketing plans, and engaging multi-channel content to increase participation, engagement and funds.
- Explore new opportunities in Events such as virtual activities, overseas challenges, and extreme events, creating innovative and engaging packages to attract new audiences.
- Recruit new supporters to the organisation through a range of methods and channels and work with colleagues to cross-sell and promote additional ways of supporting.
- Work with the Stewardship Manager to develop and test supporter journeys for Community and Event participants to ensure continued engagement and involvement in the Crohn’s & Colitis UK community.
- Ensure that all activities comply with best practice and relevant legislation including the Data Protection Act.
- Lead, manage and develop a high performing team, by providing management and guidance to direct reports, in order to ensure that the Community and Events Fundraising team’s KPIs and objectives are achieved.
- Ensure direct reports each have a clear personal development plan which is reviewed quarterly.
- Proactively contribute to the Income Generation team and charity wide leadership team.
3. Relationship Management
- Develop and manage high quality relationships with fundraisers to cultivate, engage and nurture prospects and existing supporters, collaborating with fundraising colleagues, senior management and trustees to maximise networking opportunities.
- Build good working relationships with colleagues in the Corporate Partnerships team to explore sponsorship opportunities for our events, co-creating exciting and appealing pitch materials.
- Manage and build excellent working relationships with key suppliers and ensure we have appropriate contracts in place. Proactively and regularly assess the efficiency and value of suppliers to ensure we are always securing the best deal possible.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure we are producing the highest quality content possible for social media and digital channels which produce positive participant recruitment results.
- Oversee the relationship with our key third party processors such as Realbuzz, JustGiving, and Virgin Money Giving, ensuring a high quality and cost-effective service.
- Represent the organisation at external events as appropriate.
- Contribute to and support other team and departmental work as appropriate
4. Budgets and reporting
- Develop, manage and monitor budgets and provide internal financial reports, income analysis and monthly milestone feedback.
- Manage the Community and Events Fundraising team objectives and KPIs, reporting to the Income Generation Director on a quarterly basis.
- Provide monthly commentary for the Management Accounts and contribute to milestone and scorecard reports for the Board.
- Use the database, Dynamics 365, to generate analytical information on our fundraisers and event participants ensuring we fully understand their journey and use this detail to inform our future activities.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.