An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Community Fundraising Officer in our Community & Events Fundraising team to develop and manage a new community fundraising function for Crohn’s & Colitis UK. You will manage relationships as well as a wide range of fundraising products and events, materials and initiatives to mobilize supporter communities to raise money for our work. You will analyse results and market insight to ensure the best possible return on investment and net profit for the charity.
Our office is located in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, however, like many organisations we are all currently working from home due to the coronavirus pandemic, although previously we were largely office based. Due to the experience we have gained during this period, consideration will be given to requests for working from home arrangements.
You'll be an experienced community or events fundraiser with at least two years' experience in this area. You’ll be able to lead and develop our digital and virtual fundraising offerings and will have experience of gaming and live streaming platforms and Facebook giving. You’ll also have experience in developing and taking a new mass participation fundraising product to market. You'll have excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities whilst keeping to deadlines. You'll be an enthusiastic, highly motivated, target focussed individual with excellent networking, interpersonal and communications skills and a proven track record of building excellent relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and third parties. With previous experience of budgeting and financial management you will be comfortable in this area and have experience of working with databases, preferably Dynamics 365. Whilst happy to work on your own initiative you will also be committed to working as part of a larger cross team project.
- Lead on the development and implementation of the charity’s community fundraising offer, with a focus on digital and mass participation fundraising products.
- Prepare and agree campaign strategies to meet specific objectives within the Community & Events annual plan.
- Provide excellent support to participants and fundraisers, implement event marketing plans, and deliver events as needed.
- Using data analysis and insight, develop and test new products across community fundraising, ensuring that we build a pipeline of successful initiatives.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to actively ensure fundraising products are marketed to maximise potential for success.
- Write compelling web content for all community fundraising products and fundraising resources, keeping these maintained and updated in line with marketing plans.
- Produce engaging marketing emails using dotdigital, working with the Digital team to analyse and track success.
- Identify and develop relationships with key supporters and fundraisers and ensure they feel valued and supported by the charity.
- Work closely with colleagues across the organisation to develop compelling fundraising propositions for key supporter groups.
- Engage internal stakeholders and the wider organisation with community fundraising events and products through creative and innovative means.
- Support our volunteer networks in their fundraising efforts by providing expert guidance and fundraising toolkits where needed.
- Develop and manage all fundraising resources and bespoke materials for key audience groups.
- Optimise income by working closely with the Supporter Engagement team to provide appropriate fundraising support and to develop tailored supporter journeys, with particular focus on email communications from dotdigital.
- Manage relationships with external agencies, suppliers and third parties, to ensure the effective and timely delivery of fundraising events and campaigns.
- Volunteer management for fundraising events and activities, to include providing tailored volunteer journeys, briefing volunteers, and managing them on event day.
- Responsible for briefing all staff and board members who are attending an event on the charity's behalf.
- Attend events on evenings and at weekends as needed.
Insight, Analysis and Budget
- Work closely with the CRM team to set up products correctly, generate data selections for marketing, and ensure the database is accurate at all times.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate and analyse income, providing regular results and prioritising recommendations for strategy development based on data-driven insight.
- To help monitor monthly management accounts and key performance indicators and to undertake reforecast as required.
- Ensure that Community & Events invoices are appropriately matched and authorised.
- To maximise Gift Aid opportunities for the charity.
- Take an active role in the preparation of annual plans and budgets, utilising experience and past results to inform recommendations and the preparation and creation of budgets and detailed activity plans.
- Undertake other duties within the Community & Events Fundraising team as appropriate.
- Attend additional fundraising events as needed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.