Our office is located in Hatfield, Herts, however, like many organisations we are all currently working from home due to the coronavirus pandemic, although previously we were largely office based. Due to the experience we have gained during this period, consideration will be given to requests for working from home arrangements.
This position is full time (35 hours), however, due to the effect the pandemic has had on the charity we have had to ask our staff to reduce their hours to 80% and our full time employees are currently working 28 hours per week. We will be returning to full time working as soon as we can, but no later than January 2021.
This exciting role within the Marketing and Communications Team pivotal in the future development and growth of the charity, leading the digital team and working with all departments to deliver ambitious and inspiring work to support, engage and build trust with our audiences.
You will be ambitious, creative and results driven, highly motivated about the capacity of digital engagement to influence behaviors, support people and inspire action, and persuade and influence others to ensure that digital is integrated into all projects at every level. You will be a champion of a digital-first future and work closely with teams to ensure our digital work is joined up. You will have exemplary experience in digital content and the motivation and aptitude to be practical, hands-on, and make the most of team talents.
- Manage and implement strategic and tactical digital developments in alignment with charity goals.
- Leadership and management of the digital team, delivering a range of digital services
- Identifying early opportunities to develop and test ideas and support other teams with digital insight and support - for example supporting the development of a content strategy, and aligning opportunities with strategic priorities and user needs.
- Everyday overview of digital planning and content production, with a strategic overview of the website and social media channels as well as new digital products.
- Ensuring user-focused digital services always test and deliver what is most helpful for people with Crohn’s and Colitis, as well as establishing conversion metrics for the charity.
- Support and coach colleagues around the organisation to develop a digital vision for their focus area, translating challenges and opportunities into excellent digital solutions. This includes developing product visions, establishing meaningful metrics, capturing needs, ideas and requirements and verifying them with data, and running workshops.
- Maintain an overview of all online communications, developing and promoting standards and processes to ensure quality, usability, and consistency for our audiences. Maintain a working knowledge of the charity marketing landscapes, identifying trends and new methods/platforms to trial.
- Lead on Google Analytics, and other monitor/measurement tools, and consistently demonstrate effective use of Social, PPC and SEO, ensuring this supports all areas of the charity. Ensure that digital metrics are implemented, consistently reported and widely used.
- Leading operational planning and budgeting, with the director’s oversight, for the team; tracking operational and budget performance; reporting monthly to show progress and any changes needed.
- Leading and managing programmes ensuring appropriate project management methodology is used and milestones are delivered to time and budget.
- As a member of the Joint Leadership Team, you will provide leadership across the organisation on current digital activity and future digital activity aligned to senior leadership plans and objectives.
- Represent Crohn’s and Colitis UK at events.
- Working in line with the Charity values and maintaining the reputation and standing of the Charity.
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, the values and aims of Crohn’s and Colitis UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.