This exciting role is key to supporting the planning, delivery and performance analysis of communications and engagement through all our charity’s many digital channels, from email marketing to social media and website content.
Collaborative and passionate about ‘all things digital’ with the ability to inspire others about its potential, you will have a keen interest in using various social media channels and/or blogging. Tech-savvy and confident, you are hungry to learn new programs and software. Your strong presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to persuade internal stakeholders will have got you noticed. You will be able to meet deadlines, work under pressure and juggle multiple priorities without compromising your keen attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
If this sounds like it could be for you then we would very much like to hear from you.
- Develop processes for email production and building templates, and if appropriate, train other teams in using those templates.
- Create/send emails and user journeys using the email marketing system (DotDigital).
- Leading on the set-up and maintenance of the email marketing system.
- Support the work of digital communications planning as necessary.
- Liaise with database team to adhere to GDPR and agree processes/principles for data consent.
- Train other members of the extended digital team as necessary.
- Ensure that a high percentage of emails sent are delivered.
- Research and collect content as required for scheduled emails.
- Brief and manage the sourcing of content from editors/producers.
- Manage the in-house or outsourced production of digital content.
- Produce reports and analysis of email marketing campaigns and advise on changes needed to improve email KPIs.
- Keep clean and accessible records for project documentation and online account details.
- Managing all of the organisation’s mailing lists/address books within the Email Marketing system and CRM (Microsoft Dynamics).
- Increase the organisation’s engagement and visibility among potential supporters and partners.
- Schedule and source content/guests for Facebook Live videos.
- Implement the use of Social listening software within the Digital team.
- Keep the Digital team informed of significant problems that might jeopardise the wellbeing of the organisation, escalating to the Digital Manager and MCM Director where necessary.
- Support Digital Marketing Lead in the creation and monitoring of paid ads.
- Liaise with third party organisations when outsourcing design or project development.
- Design and review online content, making sure it meets users’ needs and is optimised for conversion – and search engine optimised.
- Designing/building complex surveys, web forms and e-actions for digital campaigns.
- Pro-actively seek and create relationships with external websites like bloggers and social influencers to increase site traffic.
Content (all digital channels)
- Plan and produce compelling content which brings our mission to our target audiences and makes a lasting impact in supporting our fundraising and communications objectives.
- Use a range of innovative formats like infographics, stories, blogs etc. to bring complex stories to the attention of online readers in a more succinct form.
- Update, maintaining and protecting our digital brand.
- Ensure consistency in messages coming out from different departments and on different platforms.
- Combine the use of analytic tools to report on website, email and social media performance on monthly and adhoc basis – providing commentary and making recommendations on improving performance.
- Monitor digital campaign performance (e.g. online event sign-ups and direct marketing appeal donations) on a daily basis – spotting trends, testing and evaluating tactics (organic and paid ads).
- Compile regular statistics on social media accounts, to be documented internally.
- Update our ‘Digital Dashboards’ – e.g. Website and Social media engagement figures at a glance available to the whole organisation.
- Providing comprehensive cover for the other Digital Officer during periods of holiday cover.
- Provide project/campaign support to the Digital Manager, Digital Marketing Lead and Digital Project Lead when necessary.
- Managing email queries via the Digital Inbox.
- Managing the Digital, Comms and Marketing content calendar (Trello board).
- Provide support to Crohn’s & Colitis UK staff and volunteers in the production of content and the use of CMS, social media channels or email marketing.
- Provide admin and project support to senior members of the Digital team.
- keep up to date with news and trends in the Crohn’s and Colitis online community, using Google alerts, search methods and regular scanning of other Crohn’s and Colitis accounts.
- Supporting the digital team’s tasks when necessary, or during periods of holiday cover – including Social Media posting, website edits, proof-reading and testing.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.