Our office is located in Hatfield, Herts, however, like many organisations we are all currently working from home due to the coronavirus pandemic, although previously we were largely office based. We would consider other working locations
This is a full time position (35 hours per week). However, due to the effect the pandemic has had on the charity we have had to ask our staff to reduce their hours to 80% and our full time employees are currently working 28 hours per week. We will be returning to full time working as soon as we can, but no later than January 2021.
You will be a highly motivated and target driven individual with proven evidence of raising significant income and high levels of engagement from regular givers and/or members. You'll have experience of Legacy, in-memorium and High Value donor fundraising and of working with key stakeholders, including Trustees and CEOs. You'll have the ability to identify opportunities and develop innovative methods to approach prospective HNWIs and Legacy donors and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, which, when added to your professional, positive and can-do attitude, will enable you to engage effectively with key stakeholders, current and potential supporters, direct marketing agencies and colleagues from across the charity.
You'll have significant experience of leading and managing teams, developing and delivering exemplary supporter journeys and customer care as well as writing tailored, impactful pitches and proposals for prospective donors.
If this interests you, then get in touch.
1. Develop and manage Crohn’s and Colitis UK’s Individual Giving programmes;
- Develop and implement the Individual Giving strategy to maximise income and build a Crohn’s & Colitis UK community of supporters.
- Analyse the efficiency and efficacy of our regular giving, in memory and legacy programmes, and develop these into significant, sustainable streams of income.
- Develop marketing plans including proven strategies to acquire new donors, members and legators.
- Lead on developing and delivering a Legacy giving strategy, ensuring that we cross-sell to our community and other audiences and position us the charity of choice for prospective legators with an interest in Crohn’s and colitis.
- Produce engaging promotional materials and messaging to engage supporters, working with suppliers where appropriate.
- Develop a strong membership strategy with an emphasis on evolving our offering to create a significant pool of truly engaged and involved members.
- Establish a measure for lifetime value and work with the Stewardship Manager to develop and test high quality supporter journeys and user pathways to keep members and donors engaged and active, and to ensure that cross cultivation is maximised.
- Develop and implement the organisation’s high value supporter fundraising strategy, identifying new high value supporters and developing tactical plans for making an initial approach.
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to identify projects of interest to potential donors and develop attractive cases for support. Ensure we can demonstrate clear and meaningful outcomes in a way that positions us to receive support.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends stewardship ensuring our approaches have the best possible conversion rate.
- Proactively ensure all materials produced are accurate and compliant with relevant data protection and gift aid legislation.
- Undertake all activities in line with best practice standards and processes as set out by the Institute of Fundraising and industry regulatory bodies.
- Keep abreast of all developments in Individual Giving fundraising legislation and regulatory control.
- Lead, manage and develop a high performing team, by providing management and guidance to direct reports, in order to ensure that Individual Giving team KPIs and objectives are achieved.
- Ensure direct reports each have a clear personal development plan which is reviewed quarterly.
- Proactively contribute to the Income Generation team and charity wide leadership team.
3. Relationship Management
- Develop and manage high quality relationships with donors to cultivate, engage and nurture prospect supporters and existing donors, collaborating with fundraising colleagues, senior management and trustees to maximise networking opportunities.
- Build good working relationships with colleagues across the organisation to help ensure potentially fundable projects and work streams are identified as early as possible.
- Work with colleagues to ensure that all projects with funding attached are delivered on time and to a high quality.
- Build excellent working relationships with key suppliers and ensure we have appropriate contracts in place. Proactively and regularly assess the efficiency and value of suppliers to ensure we are always securing the best deal possible.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure we are producing the highest quality content possible for social media and digital channels which produce positive donor recruitment results.
- Represent the organisation at external events as appropriate.
- Contribute to and support other team and departmental work as appropriate.
4. Budgets and reporting
- Develop, manage and monitor budgets and provide internal financial reports, income analysis and monthly milestone feedback.
- Manage the Individual Giving team objectives and KPIs, reporting to the Income Generation Director on a quarterly basis.
- Provide monthly commentary for the Management Accounts and contribute to milestone and scorecard reports for the Board.
- Use the database, Dynamics 365, to generate analytical information, ensuring we fully understand our supporter’s recency, frequency and value, and that income is delivered on time and attributed correctly.