An exciting opportunity for a Research Officer in our Services, Policy & Evidence team to support the delivery of Crohn’s & Colitis UK’s research aims, including our programme of research grants and our work to support increased patient and public involvement in research to improve the lives of people with Crohn’s and Colitis.
This position is initially a 12 month fixed-term contract whilst we review our research strategy, but this could be reviewed.
You will have excellent experience of managing processes to support the delivery of research projects and programmes. A great communicator with excellent written skills, you will have used these abilities to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, external stakeholders and networks to keep abreast of national and international research developments. You have a collaborative approach and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Working with the Research Manager to support the process for awarding grants for research to improve the lives of people with Crohn’s and Colitis.
- Processing applications for research funding in line with agreed policies and procedures and in accordance with AMRC good practice guidelines.
- Supporting and facilitating the peer review process and grant awarding panel meetings.
- Providing support to the Research and Strategy Funding Committee including arranging and supporting meetings and answering enquiries from Committee members.
- Preparing contracts, reports and presentations as part of the grant awarding process.
- Assessing grant invoices for approval by the Research Manager and maintaining accurate logs.
- Maintaining accurate records of the status of all current research grants.
- Working with the communications and digital team to effectively disseminate information about research grant activities.
- Being the first point of contact for queries to the Research Team including via email and phone.
- Inputting and maintaining data and contacts on the CRM database and maintaining accurate and up to date circulation lists for all research contacts.
- Contributing to the delivery & management of research projects and programmes which support and promote increased patient and public involvement in research in accordance with Crohn’s and Colitis UK’s strategic aims
- Assessing, collating, and inputting studies that meet designated criteria into the Research pages of the Crohn’s & Colitis UK website.
- Increasing the Crohn’s & Colitis UK Research social media presence to improve the profile of patient and public involvement in research.
- Writing and disseminating the Research Involvement Opportunities newsletter.
- Providing additional patient/public recruitment support for our sponsored research projects and research partners, targeted to specific audiences.
- Supporting patient and public involvement projects associated with the Gut Reaction ‘big data’ initiative.
- Working with the Communications team to ensure delivery of effective communications about all research projects and programmes.
- Communicating and engaging with staff across the organisation to ensure research projects and programmes align with and support the wider work of the charity.
- Engaging with people and patients to ensure research projects and programmes reflect the needs and priorities of people with Crohn’s and Colitis.
- Working with research stakeholders to promote and influence best practice for patient engagement and co-production.
- Ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion are considered, and the patient voice is at the centre, in all research projects and programmes.
- Leading and managing the delivery of projects in accordance with project management methodology.
- Ensuring compliance with General Data Protection Regulations requirements across all areas of work.
- Charity responsibilities
- Representing Crohn’s & Colitis UK at events as required.
- Working in line with the Charity values and maintaining the reputation and standing of the Charity.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.