This is an exciting and varied role supporting our Volunteer Networks across the country and helping to develop existing and new volunteering programmes and opportunities.
With significant experience of supporting, managing & developing a volunteer service you will have experience of applying best practice principles to volunteering and voluntary sector working. You'll be used to contributing to multi team projects, whilst also managing to deliver your individual workload, so personal organisation is important. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are invaluable to enable you to manage stakeholder relationships and deal sensitively and effectively with queries in sometimes challenging situations. You will also have the ability to create and develop new processes to support our volunteering activities using your eye for detail and your excellent IT skills.
If you like the sound of the role from the Key Responsibilies below, we would love to hear from you.
- Work closely together with teams throughout Crohn’s & Colitis UK to support the development of our volunteering offer and promote best practice in a consistent manner.
- To work with the Volunteer Development Manager and other VDO(s) to expand our current volunteering and community programmes from development to recruitment, selection and on-going training across the organisation.
- Creating resources to support existing and future activity, ensuring that volunteers and community members are supported to deliver volunteering programmes and activities.
- Reviewing policies and procedures to reflect evolving activity and provide necessary support to internal and external volunteers.
- To design and deliver volunteer training, as a team, across the UK for a variety of roles.
- To ensure that Crohn’s & Colitis UK’s policies are followed and that legal obligations are met by staff and volunteers.
- To work with the Volunteer Development Manager to lead and develop volunteer initiatives, ensuring best use of resources.
- To lead and manage the volunteer contribution to national events and provide representation at internal and external meetings.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.