We have a great opportunity to join us as Director of Income Generation and member of our Senior Leadership Team. We are a growing and ambitious charity with significant year on year income growth. You will lead, deliver and focus the work of the Income Generation Directorate in order to extend reach and deliver the greatest impact for people affected by Crohn’s and Colitis. Alongside this you will proactively work as a member of the senior leadership team, playing a leading role in the strategic development and future success of the charity.
Our office is informal, open plan and designed to create a vibrant and productive workspace for all our staff. Less than a 30-minute train ride from London King’s Cross and with easy access by car, cycle or bus.
Having extensive experience in fundraising activities you’ll have significant experience of successfully leading and motivating teams. You’ll be able to understand complex data to underpin robust fundraising strategies and develop innovative new approaches where appropriate. You will need to be able to work in a complex supporter environment where managing charity income generating streams alongside a separately managed membership scheme is optimized. Your communication skills will be excellent with the ability to deliver clarity in both spoken and written communications.
With your strong and inspirational leadership skills you have the ability to instigate and champion change and influence others at a senior level.
If you like the sound of role and think you have what we are looking for, then we would very much like to hear from you.
- To proactively work as a member of the senior leadership team, playing a leading role in the strategic development and future success of the charity
- To lead, motivate and manage the Income Generation Team in order to meet agreed goals
- To champion and deliver effective cross departmental working
- To deputise for the Chief Executive and/or other Directors as required, providing support & guidance to board colleagues as required
- To represent the Charity at external events and activities
- To act as spokesperson for the organisation (including media interviews)
2. Team Management
- To successfully manage and support the Income Generation Team ensuring all staff are working to clear objectives and, where relevant, agreed targets
- To hold regular one to ones with direct line reports ensuring effective performance management of all the entire team
- Encourage and maintain a working environment which attracts, retains and motivates high quality and high performing staff
- To manage relevant freelance or contract staff/agencies
- To prepare and implement the buisness plan and budget for all Income Generation activity that contributes to the strategic objectives of the charity
3. Income Generation
- To take overall responsibility for the strategic development, growth and implementation of all areas of income generation.
- To grow income through a programme of events and community fundraising initiatives, ensuring clear understanding in terms of return on investment.
- To identify, develop & implement opportunities for income generation via digital channels.
- To manage and nurture key donor relationships, specifically in relation to Major Donors, corporates and Trusts.
- To develop a programme of regular giving and identify ways to grow our legacy giving area of work.
- To work in partnership with the Director of Marketing, Communications and Membership to deliver joined up and fully integrated programmes of activity, particularly around engagement with our members.
- To ensure full utilization of the charity’s digital infrastrucuture including analysis of data to inform strategy and providing optimal supporter journeys.
- To monitor performance on a monthly basis, reporting any areas of concern with a suggested plan of any remedial action that is necessary or any areas of better than expected performance & a suggested plan of how to maximise this.
- To ensure all necessary legal and financial issues around income generation are appropriately fulfilled and adhered to.
4. New Business Development
- To research, initiate and develop new income generation streams/activities across all areas of the charity.
- To work with fellow directors and middle management to develop strong proposals and packages for potential funding, gaining their support & buy-in.
- To develop a strong programme of corporate partnerships and charity of the year relationships.
- In conjunction with the Director of Information and Support Services, develop programmes for enthusing and growing local group fundraising.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Board of Trustees or the Chief Executive.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.