We know that high-quality patient engagement helps to ensure that our work and the research we fund meets the needs of patients and their families living with Crohn’s and Colitis.
We are recruiting a Health Service Development Co-ordinator who will play a pivotal role in our directorate as we expand our current patient engagement activity. The role is to provide efficient administrative and operational back up to key stakeholder meetings and events in the Health Service Development Team and provide support to develop and co-ordinate patient engagement work.
You will act as the first point of contact for general correspondence or queries to the Health Service Development Team, provide administrative support to the Director and Health Service Development Meetings, organise internal and external meetings or telephone conferences and provide administrative support for patient engagement activities and operational back up to the Patient Engagement Team.
This is a truly exciting time in the team as we look to expand and develop our services and the Patient Engagement team will play a vital role in making this a reality.
Our office is informal, open plan and designed to create a vibrant and productive workspacefor all our staff. Less than a 30-minute train ride from London King’s Cross and with easy access by car, cycle or bus. Free car parking.
You'll be an enthusiastic, organized person with a practical problem-solving approach and a positive attitude. You will have strong interpersonal and communications skills and be confident with business IT tools (cloud-based, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) with an understanding of data protection. You’ll enjoy variety, working with people and an interest in healthcare and improving services for patients.
If you like the sound of our role, please get in touch.
Act as the first point of contact for general correspondence or queries to the Health Service Development Team and IBDUK team and facilitating effective responses by:
- Handling incoming mail and correspondence coming into 2 mailboxes; answering standard queries (by letter or email) or referring on as appropriate.
Provide administrative support to the Director and Health Service Development (HSD) Meetings by:
- Assisting with the preparation of reports, newsletters and presentations, taking minutes and producing action points as agreed using appropriate Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Booking meeting rooms, travel and accommodation for Director as requested.
Organising internal and external high team stakeholders’ meetings with NHSE, IBDUK, Welsh and Scottish government, telephone conferences or digital events held by the Director and other members of the HSD Team by:
- Communicating effectively with a wide range of specialists such as government ministers, professional bodies, politicians, senior health care professionals and patient advocates to confirm dates, venues and availability of invitees.
- Identifying and booking venues or meeting rooms, refreshments, equipment etc.
- Circulating relevant papers/correspondence.
- Develop effective website administration and marketing skills and input updates onto the IBD UKand the Health Service Development pages of the Crohn’s and Colitis UK website.
- Collating/preparing materials and arranging for these to be couriered to external venues.
- Attending external events to provide administrative or general support.
- Taking minutes and producing reports from stakeholder meetings or action points as required.
Developing systematic, logical coordination and reporting of Health Service Development Team contacts and insights from key stakeholders, bodies and health service development operational back up to team colleagues:
- Inputting and maintaining data, contacts and circulation lists on the One CRM database.
- Processing applications for patient voices applying consistent assessment criteria and, in accordance with good practice guidelines.
- Facilitating the review process for the Patient Voices Network.
- Assisting with the preparation of reports and presentations, such as the telephone research survey of Patient Panels across the UK; evaluations of interviews and focus groups with IBDUK professional bodies from transcriptions or notes.
- Assuring adherence to Data Protection processes across all areas of work and advising team members of potential risks.
Provide administrative support for patient engagement activities and operational back up to the Patient Engagement Team, including:
- being first point of contact for queries from patients or healthcare professionals, including:
- Monitoring, responding to and escalating emails in the patient engagement inbox
- Dealing with phone calls to the Patient Engagement number
- Sending out standard information to patients (e.g. when they sign up or take part in an event) or in response to general enquiries
- Collating information on patients, Patient Panels and Healthcare Professionals, ensuring this is up to date, accurate and stored in the CRM.
- Supporting regular communication with Patient Voices Network, Patient Panels and Healthcare Professionals to update and maintain relationships.
- Developing engaging marketing materials, articles, newsletters.
- Liaising with Marketing and Comms team to post opportunities for patient engagement and updates of our work.
- Supporting event organisations and meeting administration.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.