A great opportunity has arisen for a Network Development Officer to join our Information & Support Services team to support the growth and development of volunteer led Local and Family Networks across the UK. It is an exciting time for the charity with a growing ambition and determination to do more for people with Crohn’s and Colitis. This role will play an important part in helping us take the charity forward.
With a specific focus on working closely with volunteers within Local and Family Networks, you’ll be responsible for supporting them to deliver the charity’s ambitious strategic plan. Although no direct line management duties, the successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with hundreds of volunteers across the UK. You will be part of our friendly and committed Volunteering Team based in our main office in Hatfield.
The role involves regular travel and some overnight stays, including weekends, in various locations across the UK.
Our office is informal, open plan and designed to create a vibrant and productive workspace for all our staff. Less than a 30-minute train ride from London King’s Cross and with easy access by car, cycle or bus.
You’ll have significant experience of supporting and developing a diverse pool of volunteers and applying best practice principles to volunteering. You’ll have worked in a customer service environment and have excellent IT, data entry and accuracy skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to work without close supervision and to agreed deadlines. Along with these abilities you will be enthusiastic to interact with our volunteers and have a calm, consistent and flexible approach to work.
If you think this role could be for you and believe you have what we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
- Working closely together with the other Volunteer Development Officer/s (VDOs) to support the development of Crohn’s & Colitis UK’s Local & Family Networks and contribute to the wider volunteer programme.
- To provide effective support to Local & Family Network volunteers, including the staff they work with, to engage them with each other and share and follow best practice in a consistent manner.
- To work with the Volunteer Development Manager and VDO(s) to recruit, select, induct and provide on-going training to Local & Family Network volunteers.
- To contribute to the ongoing training offer for Local & Family Networks.
- To ensure that Crohn’s & Colitis UK’s policies are followed and that legal obligations in working with Local & Family Network volunteers are met.
- To co-ordinate communication to volunteers, ensuring that information is clear, relevant and measured.
- To support the volunteer contribution to national events and representation at internal and external meetings.
- To maintain administration and accurate record keeping within the volunteering team.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in line with Crohn’s & Colitis UK corporate policy and other best practice guidelines. This will involve:
- Ensuring personal safety while at work both on and off-site and always helping to ensure the safety of others.
- A flexible approach to work and duties, within an appropriate level of responsibility.
- Being a team player and liaise effectively with other colleagues.
- Working in line with our values and maintain the reputation and standing of Crohn’s & Colitis UK.
- Regular travel to Local Network meetings across the UK, as well as occasional events, with overnight stays including weekends.
- The ability to work outside of office hours to maximise communication with volunteers.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.