This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the future of health and care by supporting the development of a cutting-edge Health Data Research Hub.
Crohn’s & Colitis UK are partners in a project to build a new data hub for researchers, which brings together health information held by the NHS to make it accessible for researchers. This should help speed up the discovery of new treatments and more effective and safe use of existing ones.
The Data Research Hub, called Gut Reaction, is one of seven pioneering health data research hubs recently launched by Health Data Research UK as part of the £37.5m Digital Innovation Hub programme, funded by the UK’s Research and Innovation Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund. As this project will involve the use of personal data, we want to work in partnership with patients and the public to make sure the data is used in ways that are respectful and beneficial to current and future people living with Crohn’s and Colitis.
You're a calm, forward thinking individual with an eye for detail and excellent communication skills. You will have experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders and be will have been used to responding to enquiries across multiple channels. You'll have excellent IT skills across Microsoft Office programmes and enjoy working on your own or as part of multi-team project groups.
If you like the sound of this opportunity, we would very much like to hear from you.
First point of contact for queries to the Research Team in relation to Gut Reaction by:
- Handling incoming correspondence related to Gut Reaction, answering standard queries or referring on as appropriate.
- Answering incoming calls to the Research team - responding to general queries or referring on as appropriate.
Organising internal and external meetings, telephone conferences or digital events:
- Communicating effectively with a wide range of specialists and patient advocates to confirm dates, venues and availability of invitees.
- Identifying and booking venues or meeting rooms, refreshments, equipment etc.
- Circulating relevant papers/correspondence.
- Collating/preparing materials and arranging for these to be couriered to external venues.
- Attending external events to provide administrative or general support.
- Taking minutes and producing reports or action points as required.
Administrative support and operational back up to team colleagues, the Gut Reaction board and the Patient & Public involvement steering group:
- Inputting and maintaining data, contacts and circulation lists.
- Assisting with the preparation of reports and presentations.
- Ensuring compliance with Data Protection processes across all areas of work.
Communicating opportunities for patient involvement and the impact of Gut Reaction:
- Liaising with Marketing and Communications team to post opportunities for patient involvement in Gut Reaction.
- Liaising with Marketing and Communications team to engage and communicate with our community of research volunteers.
- Assisting with the collection and inputting of information to the Research pages of the Crohn’s & Colitis UK website and social media presence.
- To take a flexible approach to work and duties, within an appropriate level of responsibility, carrying out other duties as directed by the Director of Research
- To work as a team player and liaise effectively with colleagues and partners
- To work in line with the Charity values and maintain the reputation and standing of the Charity.
- Undertaking franking duties as part of the charity wide franking rota (approximately once a week).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.