Donor Relations Officer
Full time, Edinburgh
£27,139 - £30,214
At CrossReach we’re a charitable organisation that puts people at the heart of everything we do. From caring for older people, children and families, and the homeless to supporting those with learning disabilities, we’ve been delivering innovative social care for 150 years. And as one of Scotland’s largest social care providers, we have 65 services and 1,800 employees across the country.
As Donor Relations Officer, you will provide campaign, trading and communications support to the Donor Relations team. This will include:
- Provide support to the team to ensure fundraising campaigns of varying sizes are delivered successfully
- Devise and plan fundraising campaign themes that engage the general public
- Plan and deliver engaging communications for donors and work with colleagues to dovetail fundraising messages into CrossReach-wide communications
- Ensure that donors’ expectations are met through accurate and timely engagement
- Advise colleagues and other teams of the communications options best suited to fundraising and campaign goals
- Maintain a record of outgoing campaign communications, response rates and make recommendations on how to improve reach and impact for future communications
- Update and create online presence to support fundraising activity
- Conduct detailed research on donor data and communications to ensure that campaigns are targeted, effective, presenting findings in a range of methods
- Create timely, accurate and appropriate communications in a range of media, including online and by using social media
- Support the promotion and communication of trading activity (eg Christmas card sales).
The key skills and abilities we are looking for are:
- Basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office, some design packages and the internet
- Previous experience providing support in the area of campaigns and or communications
- Experience of planning and delivering a communications plan
- Creative and able to spot opportunities to enhance our fundraising campaigns
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills: able to schedule and execute crucial tasks, meet deadlines and deliver projects on time
- Eye for detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating accurately with a wide audience.
Join us and you’ll be part of a professional environment with a range of development opportunities and a generous benefits package. Our values driven culture means we are accepting, respectful and compassionate to both our service users and employees. It’s a career that will enhance both your life and the lives of vulnerable people across Scotland.
Closing date: 21st November 2021
As we do our work in Christ’s name the job you have applied for requires you to have a Christian faith and be able to work within and uphold our Christian Ethos (this is an ongoing occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.