Trusts & Foundations Assistant - Part Time
23 hours per week, Edinburgh
£20,328 - £22,252 pro-rata
At CrossReach we’re a charitable organisation that puts people at the heart of everything we do. From caring for older people, children and families, and the homeless to supporting those with learning disabilities, we’ve been delivering innovative social care for 150 years. And as one of Scotland’s largest social care providers, we have 65 services and 1,800 employees across the country.
Reporting to the Trusts and Foundations Manager and working closely with other Fundraising and Engagement Team members, you will take responsibility for identifying and cultivating potential trusts for CrossReach. This will involve:
- Researching and developing a “prospect pool” of grant making trusts with the capacity and inclination to support CrossReach and its key services
- Creating briefings which outline research on potential trusts, assessing their funding priorities and the eligibility of CrossReach services
- Creating timely updates on the progress and next steps for the prospect pool for the Trusts and Foundations Manager in the first instance
- Keeping an accurate timeline of reports due to funders
- Communicating with staff (particularly from services) to gather relevant information for these reports and keep them updated
- Reviewing Income and Expenditure Budgets for core services to identify funding gaps and research funding on this basis.
- Knowledge of the fundraising landscape in Scotland and beyond.
- Experience writing funding briefings
- Knowledge of data protection and compliance requirements
- Ability to generate and follow leads and make evidence-based recommendations
- Proficiency in all MS Office packages with experience of using a CRM system such as The Raiser’s Edge
- Respect for the Christian ethos of CrossReach, its supporters, staff, volunteers and clients
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Fundraising (or expressing a willingness to join at CrossReach’s expense).
Join us and you’ll be part of a professional environment with a range of development opportunities and a generous benefits package. Our values driven culture means we are accepting, respectful and compassionate to both our service users and employees. It’s a career that will enhance both your life and the lives of vulnerable people across Scotland.
Closing date: 21st November 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.