Trusts & Foundations Manager – temporary 12-month maternity cover
Full time, Edinburgh
£31,905 - £34,772
At CrossReach we’re a charitable organisation that puts people at the heart of everything we do. From caring for older people, children and families, and the homeless to supporting those with learning disabilities, we’ve been delivering innovative social care for 150 years. And as one of Scotland’s largest social care providers, we have 65 services and 1,800 employees across the country.
In this role, you’ll take responsibility for all of CrossReach’s Trusts and Foundations fundraising efforts, including undertaking proposals, research and reports to maximise income from trusts, philanthropic grant makers and special project funds. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Researching, writing and submitting timely and high quality funding proposals to a wide range of funders, securing grants for complex, multi-year projects.
- Working closely with the Head of Fundraising to propose and deliver a trusts and foundation strategy.
- Working with service managers across CrossReach to identity fundable projects and activities that are strategically appropriate and will benefit from philanthropic funding.
- Maintaining relationships with funder trustees and administrators to better understand their funding criteria and ensure appropriate dialogue as part of the research and stewardship process.
- Managing a Research Officer and producing regular reports on the trusts and foundation prospect pipelines and progress against target.
The key requirements for this role are:
- A minimum of four years’ experience of fundraising from trusts and foundations or other grant-making bodies (essential)
- Significant experience in successfully applying for funding for complex, multi-year projects, including grants of six-figures and above
- Experience of working closely with team members and managing staff or volunteers
- Evidence of meeting income targets and deadlines
- An eye for detail and ability to anticipate funders’ requirements and spot opportunities and synergies between CrossReach’s work and the interests of funders
- Experience of writing complex proposals and gathering information for this purpose from a wide range of sources.
Closing date: 21st November 2021.
As we do our work in Christ’s name the job you have applied for requires you to have a Christian faith and be able to work within and uphold our Christian Ethos (this is an ongoing occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.