Purpose of the Post
The Administrator will ensure the smooth running of the Devon Area and carry out administrative duties as required to ensure support direct service delivery and volunteer support across a number of different Devon.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Administrate whilst dealing sensitively with telephone, post and email enquiries, screening and directing calls and emails in line with procedures
- Work with the team to ensure that Referrals, Allocations, and Requests for Information are processed in accordance with the Cruse Service Model and all Cruse Policies and Standards, in particular the Standard for Access, Referral and Allocation.
- Prepare information for clients, prospective volunteers and funders
- Carry out administrative tasks associated with arranging conferences, training courses, study days, Devon Service Delivery committee meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Maintain a secure e-filing system and keep accurate and secure record systems, using the organisational database and in line with GDPR
- Act as key liaison person with the premises management including ensuring that we meet health and safety requirements, maintenance of office equipment and process for key holders.
- Maintain a supply of stationery and Cruse literature held at local level, for local distribution.
- Process financial transactions which may include receipts and payments, preparation of payment for suppliers and branch expenses.
- Provide support and work with the Fundraising Team to maximize local fundraising activities and the information gathering for fundraising applications
- Administer the online DBS process for Devon Bereavement Volunteers and staff.
Client and volunteer support
- Support the Devon Area with authorised communications to volunteers and clients including through newsletters, social media and the distribution of information in paper or electronic format
- Complete the booking and administration for the Understanding your Bereavement sessions, as part of the Cruse Client pathway
- Facilitate other bookings (such as venue bookings) to ensure that client work and volunteer support can take place in an efficient manner
- Accurately input data including evaluation feedback into the Cruse Information System and assist with reporting and monitoring to Funders and stakeholder, for quality purposes
- Carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time, including supporting the duties of The Devon Area Service Delivery Committee and Supervisors Forum.
- Maintaining and Inputting on CIS client details, allocating clients to Bereavement Volunteers and managing any waiting list.
- Managing the Devon and Cornwall Police and Crime Commissioners Victim Care Unit referrals and signing posting within the VCU network.