Cruse Bereavement Care is the largest bereavement charity in the UK. Our mission is to offer support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies and to enhance societies care of bereaved people.
This is an exciting time to join an evolving organisation and an excellent opportunity to take the next career step.
This is a key role in Finance that will manage the finance team and report to and deputise for the Director of Finance & Corporate Services. The role will provide true business partnership, drive the accuracy, completeness and timely completion of the management and statutory reporting for Cruse, and enable positive change and continuous improvement.
- Ownership of all financial control and reporting, including but limited to, monthly management accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow), balance sheet reconciliations, process and systems improvements, etc.
- Management of the finance team, including performance management, training and mentoring.
- Business partnering with stakeholders within the organisation including providing reports, analysis, budgeting support, financial plans, business cases, etc.
- Full preparation and ownership of the statutory accounts and audit process in line with SORP requirements.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountability of the post including flexibility of working hours and additional responsibilities.
Skills and Experience
- Part-Qualified / Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Strong finance and accounting technical skills with an understanding of charity SORP
- Prior experience working with Netsuite is highly desireable
- Experience of managing a team of 4+
- Strong excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups, etc)
- Stakeholder management, relationship builder and collaborator
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Highly organised and able to work under pressure to meet conflicting priorities
- Great interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
This role is home based during the Corona virus pandemic, but will be office based when we can return to work in offices.
Your application must consist of a CV and covering letter, which outlines your suitability for the role and should be no longer than two pages.
Cruse welcomes and encourages applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.