Cruse Bereavement Care is the largest bereavement charity in the UK. Our mission is to offer support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies and to enhance societies care of bereaved people.
This is an exciting time to join an evolving organisation and an excellent opportunity to take the next career step.
This is a key role in Finance that will report to the Director of Finance & Corporate Services (DoFCS). The role will be pivotal in the current transitional finance programme being undertaken, enabling positive change and continuous improvement.
- Business partnering with stakeholders within the organisation including providing reports, analysis, budgeting support, financial plans, business cases, etc.
- Supporting the DoFCS in all project work (e.g. implementation of new CRM system / centralisation of finance procedures)
- Support with implementation of financial controls and reporting, including but not limited to, monthly management accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow), balance sheet reconciliations, process and systems improvements, payroll, VAT submissions etc.
- Support in the management of the finance team.
- Assist in the full preparation of the statutory accounts and audit process in line with SORP requirements.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountability of the post including flexibility of working hours and additional responsibilities.
Skills and Experience
- Part-Qualified / Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Strong finance and accounting technical skills with an understanding of charity SORP
- Prior experience working with Netsuite is highly desirable
- Strong excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups, etc)
- Stakeholder management, relationship builder and collaborator
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Highly organised and able to work under pressure to meet conflicting priorities
- Great interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Your application must consist of a CV and covering letter, which outlines your suitability for the role and should be no longer than two pages. Also include your notice period and salary expectations.
Cruse welcomes and encourages applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.