Cumberland Lodge holds an extensive collection of books and resource material, which is available for the benefit of visiting groups and researchers. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to organise and curate the collection, cataloguing new books as they arrive.
As well as routine organisation and maintenance of the library collection, working with the Programme team, you will have the opportunity to curate book displays relevant to specific groups or programmes being run by Cumberland Lodge.
This role will suit people who have strong organisational skills and an interest in projects involving books. Whether you are seeking to gain new skills, or use existing ones, we are keen to hear from you.
Voluntary duties may include:
- Conduct regular reviews and ensure the catalogue accurately reflects available resources
- Ensure books in storage are safely maintained and accessible when required
- Organise and maintain the book collection, ensuring that books are in the correct place
- As requested by the Programme team or Chief Executive, source relevant material for upcoming events
- Work with the Programme team, review upcoming events and select relevant books for display in the Drawing Room or other communal areas
- When on-site at Cumberland Lodge, assist staff or researchers with queries about the book collection
- Assist house volunteers with relevant (internal and external) material relating to Cumberland Lodge’s extraordinary history.
Time commitment: As often as you like (with prior arrangement with the Volunteer Manager or the Meeting & Events team Duty Managers), but at least once a month.
Training and support: In-house induction and training will be provided, and you will receive ongoing support from your Volunteer Manager, as required.
Cumberland Lodge is situated at the heart of Windsor Great Park, about five miles from Windsor town centre. Due to extremely limited public transport links, own transport is essential. Regrettably, Cumberland Lodge is not in a position to reimburse travel expenses.
This role does not currently require any form of background check, but we may be required to undertake a DRB/CBS check if the role description or relevant legislation changes
Volunteering for Cumberland Lodge is an experience like no other. As a charity that embraces ‘difficult conversations’ and ‘disagreeing well’, we bring together leaders, influencers, students and young people, to facilitate candid conversations and an open exchange of views. This extraordinary mission takes place inside a 17th-century former royal residence in Windsor Great Park, full of history and fascinating stories.
Cumberland Lodge hosts a diverse and exciting programme of events throughout the year. Whether you are supporting a thought-provoking ‘Cumberland Conversation’, or warmly welcoming members of the public on one of our open days, volunteering with Cumberland Lodge promises to be highly rewarding.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.