Outreach Assistants provide important front-of-house support to Cumberland Lodge’s extensive programme of events. Whether you are supporting a thought-provoking ‘Cumberland Conversation’, or welcoming public visitors on an open day, you will provide the warmest of welcomes to external visitors to the Lodge.
Volunteer Manager: Executive Assistant
Works closely with: Meeting & Events Team, Chief Executive; Programme Team; Hospitality Director.
- Assist with the successful delivery of public events at Cumberland Lodge, including setup and welcoming guests.
- Support the delivery of Cumberland Conversations, in collaboration with the Chief Executive, by assisting with setup, welcoming and assisting guests.
- Support the successful delivery of public open days, including Heritage Open Days, by delivering tours of Cumberland Lodge and promoting the Friends of Cumberland Lodge scheme
- Support the successful delivery of garden parties, dinners and concerts by assisting with setup and welcoming guests
- Assist the Building Manager to support the Royal Collection Trust in the delivery of occasional inventory checks of furniture and works of art held at Cumberland Lodge
- In conjunction with the Volunteer Volunteering Coordinator, support public open days by researching and delivering short interest talks about Cumberland Lodge to visiting members of the public
- Support the Chief Executive by delivering occasional special or VIP tours of Cumberland Lodge.
Time commitment: A minimum of one public open day and one special event per year. Any additional support for events or tours would be much appreciated.
Events occur throughout the week, including evenings and weekends.
Training: In-house induction and training will be provided.
Cumberland Lodge is situated at the heart of Windsor Great Park, about five miles from Windsor town centre. Due to extremely limited public transport links, own transport is essential. Regrettably, Cumberland Lodge is not in a position to reimburse travel expenses.
This role does not currently require any form of background check, but we may be required to undertake a DRB/CBS check if the role description or relevant legislation changes.
Volunteering for Cumberland Lodge is an experience like no other. As a charity that embraces ‘difficult conversations’ and ‘disagreeing well’, we bring together leaders, influencers, students and young people, to facilitate candid conversations and an open exchange of views. This extraordinary mission takes place inside a 17th-century former royal residence in Windsor Great Park, full of history and fascinating stories.
Cumberland Lodge hosts a diverse and exciting programme of events throughout the year. Whether you are supporting a thought-provoking ‘Cumberland Conversation’, or warmly welcoming members of the public on one of our open days, volunteering with Cumberland Lodge promises to be highly rewarding.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.