Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the top performing hospital trusts in the UK. Across two hospital sites and twelve clinics we provide care to a community of over one million people.
The Trust is the 4th largest A&E provider in the UK, treating over 300,000 patients each year. We are one of the largest maternity providers in the country, delivering over 10,000 babies per annum. In addition to these core services we also house many specialisms including a world-renowned Burns Service providing care support for London and the South East and a world-renowned HIV and sexual health programme which has been at the forefront of the global fight against HIV/AIDS for over 30 years.
CW+ is the official charity of Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our generous supporters and partners enable us to:
- Build and enhance clinical facilities to create an outstanding healing environment for patients and staff
- Deliver a unique art and design programme to transform the experience and wellbeing of our patients
- Invest in health innovation to deliver exceptional patient care.
We are looking for an experienced database professional to oversee all aspects of database administration, to support (primarily) the fundraising team and help us maximise donor support and stewardship. Over the next few months, we will be migrating over to a new database (Donorfy) so initially there will be some work required to support this.
Main responsibilities include:
- Creating records, logging donations and generating thank you letters
- Maintaining records to ensure they are accurate and consistent and compatible with GDPR
- Working with database software to find ways to store, organise and manage data
- Reviewing, developing and improving current processes and systems to ensure optimum use of the database
- Creating templates, campaigns and imports
- Producing bespoke reports for the fundraising team and Chief Executive on fundraising metrics
- Designing database procedures and putting them into operation
- Running regular data checks and cleans to maintain healthy data
- Making structural changes to the database
- Importing and exporting supporter data to and from the database
- Providing supporting materials for events, meetings and other projects as required
- Supporting the fundraising team to track the progress of fundraising relationships using Donorfy.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A proven track record of collecting data from various sources, analysing findings and presenting them clearly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in using databases at an advanced level (complex query and report writing, task management)
- Experience of working with teams and departments to maximise results
- Able to work on their own as needed/self-sufficient
- Fully proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Good working knowledge of GDPR
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Able to work under pressure with a high degree of personal initiative
- An active interest in people, social and current affairs and the business world
- Enthusiasm and willingness to contribute to the work of CW+ fundraising objectives.
- Experience of using Donorfy
- Experience of working in a fundraising/medical or arts environment
- High level of IT literacy.
Key Terms and Benefits
- Hours: 22.5 per week (this can be split as three whole days or 5 half days)
- Pension: employer contribution of 8%
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days leave per annum plus statutory holidays (pro rata)
- Probationary period: 6 months.
To apply, please send CV along with a covering letter summarising your experience and why you are interested in working for us.
Given the role, there will be a task included as part of the interview process.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.