CXK is a leading charity that empowers young people and adults to build the skills and confidence they need to move into sustainable education, employment or training. Each year we make a difference to more than 300,000 people across the South of England.
An exciting and newly created management opportunity has arisen to join our growing and highly successfully Prisons Information, Advice & Guidance team as a Team Leader. You will be part of our superb Kent, Surrey & Sussex prisons team, where you will assist the Area Manager in managing the service to ensure that our beneficiaries continue to receive first class employment advice and have the skills they need upon release.
In your role as Team Leader, you will:
- Manage a team of Careers Advisers delivering IAG in prisons across Kent, Surrey and Sussex. Ensuring that performance is monitored and reviewed in line with CXK policy.
- Undertake quality audits of personal learning plans across the prison estates
- Undertake learning walks to observe adviser and peer mentor practice and feed results back to the Area Manager Prisons
- Manage the day-to-day deployment of staff to ensure all locations are covered as required
In return for your skills and experience, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- An annual salary of £30,051 – £32,531 pro rata (depending on experience)
- 28-31 days holiday, plus bank holidays pro rata
- Defined contribution pension scheme (matched by CXK up to 10% depending on length of service)
- Death in service life assurance policy (3 x annual salary)
- Flexible working
- Generous sick leave benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive training and development programmes
- Mental health first aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Interest free parking permit loans
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
To apply for this role all you need to do is visit our website download, complete and upload the CXK application form. Please note that CVs alone will not be considered.
**Please note that we reserve the right close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as soon as possible**
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.