CXK is delighted to be recruiting a talented and experienced Regional Manager to lead the delivery of our new UK Community Renewal Fund project, “Bridge the Gap”. This is an exciting new role that will enable you to really make a difference to unemployed and economically inactive individuals across Kent.
As Regional Manager, you will be responsible for the operational leadership of the project – delivering sustainable, long-term employer engagement activity that is proactive and linked closely to key employment sectors in the region. The role will directly support beneficiaries of the ‘Bridge the Gap’ project in the short-term and will provide long-term support to wider services provided by CXK.
Working closely with the Assistant Director, you will maintain and develop positive relationships with key stakeholders for the project, ensuring that all service outcomes and KPIs are met, and delivery staff supported.
- You will have experience of working closely with employers in the area, in a confident and proactive way that produces relationships, joint working and opportunities for young people or adults.
- You have previous experience of the delivery of a mentoring support service aimed at finding employment and training for beneficiaries.
- As an experienced people manager, you will be an inspirational leader with experience leading teams to deliver operational excellence across a number of KPIs.
- You can demonstrate skills and experience in relation to managing or co-ordinating training provision, accredited & non accredited learning, and high-quality teaching learning and assessment
- You have exceptional sales, marketing and networking skills, including cold calling/telesales to generate new opportunities.
- You are a passionate self-starter who can work effectively across a large geography
- You have a good working knowledge of the local employment sector and skills landscape; with experience of accessing, analysing, and using labour market information.
- You enjoy working with people, driving performance, and ultimately delivering the highest level of service for our beneficiaries, whilst meeting contract demands.
- You are qualified to A-Level standard, or equivalent, at minimum.
- An ILM qualification Level 4 and/or a Level 4 professional qualification in a related discipline e.g. Careers Guidance, Teaching, Education, Welfare is desirable, but not essential.
- You must hold a full, clean driving licence, have use of a vehicle, and be prepared to travel across Kent and, when required, the south-east, and, occasionally, nationally.
CXK is a leading charity that empowers young people and adults to build the skills and confidence they need to move into sustainable education, employment, or training. Each year we make a difference to more than 300,000 people across the South of England.
- To lead the delivery of the “Bridge the Gap” project, line managing a team of Engagement and Support Mentors to deliver an innovative programme of support and mentoring for unemployed beneficiaries in Kent (specifically Thanet, Canterbury, and Swale).
- To build a sustainable and impactful benefit from the Bridge the Gap project, delivering longer term outcomes and benefits to CXK services and our beneficiaries.
- To work closely with existing CXK managers and colleagues delivering services, particularly the National Careers Service, ensuring that Bridge the Gap beneficiaries receive impartial information Advice and Guidance.
- To develop and fully implement a detailed employer engagement strategy/delivery plan for Bridge the Gap and CXK, linking outputs and benefits to CXK’s wider service offering.
- To report regularly on progress against the employer engagement strategy/delivery plan, sharing regular updates and progress reviews with the Assistant Director.
- To develop partnerships with external businesses and support agencies to promote the CXK offer to employers.
- To work closely with priority or growth sectors, building capacity, training opportunities and employment for CXKs beneficiaries. In addition, implementing opportunities for beneficiaries in relation to accredited training, sector relevant training, or personal development.
- To implement and oversee a set of standards and processes to ensure that all service delivery is in line with the contractual requirements, ensuring that our staff and any external delivery partners understands and adheres to requirements.
- To set up and maintain efficient working arrangements and relationships with key stakeholders and partners, relevant to the delivery of the Bridge the Gap service.
- To work closely with the Assistant Director, to attend commissioner contract review meetings providing updates on performance against the contract. To provide progress reports and updates to the Assistant Director and the Senior Leadership Team, as required, in line with Contract KPIs.
- Ensure effective and compliant impact monitoring of the “Bridge the Gap” project, including oversight for appointment and management of an external evaluator.
In return for your skills and experience, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- An annual salary of £39,593 – £45,483
- 28-31 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Defined contribution pension scheme (matched by CXK up to 10% depending on length of service)
- Death in service life assurance policy (3 x annual salary)
- Flexible working
- Generous sick leave benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive training and development programmes
- Mental health first aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Interest free parking permit loans
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance programme
To apply for this role all you need to do is visit our website download, complete and upload the CXK application form.
Please note that CVs alone will not be considered.
**Please note that we reserve the right close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as soon as possible**
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.