Cycle Saviours is a new social enterprise whose mission is to save unwanted bikes, save the environment and help get people on their bikes. In addition to our work recycling, repairing and servicing bikes we have recently been awarded a large contract to maintain bikes for a new Milton Keynes’ public bike rental scheme and are also expanding our community engagement services to encourage more people to get on their bikes.
Cycle Mechanic – social enterprise worker
Location: Milton Keynes
Job type: Permanent, Full time 37.5 hrs a week (Weekend and evenings on rota)
Salary £16,000 - £17,000 pa
You will be an enterprising, environmentally committed, cycling enthusiast with high level cycle mechanic skills who is keen to share those skills with young people and others in our community.
The purpose of this post is to work with and train young people on our pre-apprenticeship programme to engage with the Cycle Saviours enterprise to:
- source, refurbish and sell unwanted bikes and bike spares and repair and service customer bikes
- develop community activities that promote access to cycling
- service, repair and relocate rental bikes (involves driving a small van)
- Be an enterprising, cycling enthusiast with good cycle maintenance skills
- Ideally hold a cycle maintenance qualification
- Have an ability to, and experience of, working with young people
- A passion for cycling and the environment
- Have strong administrative skills
- Qualifications at level 2 or above in English and Maths
- Strong team work skills and an ability to work constructively with others
- A commitment to the completion of work and to the achievement of targets
- Hold a current driving license
There are both permanent full and part-time post posts available. For this post you will need an enhanced DBS check.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to us.
No agencies please.