Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum (pro rata – three days a week)
Initial one year contract with potential to be renewed
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
An exciting opportunity has come up within this young, dynamic charity to play a key role in helping Dallaglio RugbyWorks achieve its growth plans.
Dallaglio RugbyWorks is a long-term intensive skills development programme, based on the values of rugby, delivered to young people in alternative provision. The goal? To ensure they achieve sustained education, employment or training.
Dallaglio RugbyWorks was founded by Lawrence Dallaglio OBE, former England Rugby and Wasps Captain. Having experienced a troubled time in his youth after the death of his sister, Lawrence found rugby, which he credits for helping overcome a very turbulent time in his life. Lawrence recognised the power that rugby had in transforming his attitude, behaviour and aspirations and channelled that power into the development of RugbyWorks.
Dallaglio RugbyWorks works with teenagers from chaotic backgrounds with high levels of social risk factors such as troubled families, criminality and unemployment. They have much lower success rates in education and employment compared to their peers. RugbyWorks is designed to help these young people onto a positive pathway to achieve sustained education, employment or training with a particular focus on exposing them to various vocational opportunities.
We are looking for a Part-Time Trust and Foundations Manager to join the fundraising team, and are looking for someone who shares our passion for helping young people; not afraid to be hands on and happy for each day to be different from the last and also shares our values:
- We Will Be Brave
- We Will Nurture a Family Spirit
- We Will Proactively Adapt
- Always Aiming Higher
Main purpose of the job
To work with the Head of Fundraising in all aspects of Trust and Foundation fundraising. The key responsibility of this role is to manage relationships with existing Trust and Foundation grant funders, research new funding opportunities and write compelling applications for support to national and regional Trusts and Foundations. The chosen candidate will be experienced, highly organised, self-motivated, and personable and have excellent written communication skills.
- Plan, develop and lead the building of high-level strategic relationships with major Trusts and Foundations including engaging with Trusts and Foundations in the regions where RugbyWorks is delivered
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to development a Trusts fundraising strategy to achieve income targets
- Write compelling proposals / applications and secure significant income maximising immediate and long term income opportunities
- Develop excellent relationships with funders delivering excellent stewardship, including creating engaging funding reports
- Review Trust and Foundation income and expenditure on a monthly basis, to take action to ensure income targets are met
- Work with other members of the Dallaglio RugbyWorks team, Development Board and Trustees to grow network of funding opportunities and insight into the specific needs or issues faced in each region where Dallaglio RugbyWorks is delivered
- Ensure regulatory and legal compliance and best practice
- Maintain excellent record keeping
- Support the CEO and Head of Fundraising with any wider business requests.
- An ability to build, develop and maintain relationships with external partners
- Ability to communicate successfully to individuals at all levels and stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills, with structured and methodical approach to work and a clear focus on results
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines
- The ability to self-motivate and manage time.
- IT literate and confident user of databases.
- Passionate about tackling youth unemployment and disadvantage
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of identifying and researching Trust funding opportunities
- Proven track record of writing compelling proposals and applications to secure 5 - 6 figure sum grants from Trusts, Foundations and other funders
- Proven ability in producing effective, cohesive, motivating and inspiring proposals and funding reports
- You will have a working knowledge of Trust and Foundation funding trends and of sources of Trust giving data and intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and your ability to manage successful strong strategic relationships.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Strategic and creative.
- Ability to build positive personal and organisational relationships.
- A team player.
- Able to negotiate and balance competing priorities with consideration to ethical implications.
- Commitment to Dallaglio RugbyWorks mission.
The job is part-time (3 days a week - days to be mutually agreed) and will be at Dallaglio RugbyWorks, First Floor, Duru House, 101 Commercial Road, London E1 1RD.
Normal office hours are 9:00 to 17:30, but flexible working will be required to cover out-of-hours meetings, evening visits and other events. A time off in lieu is in operation.
The jobholder will be required to adhere to Dallaglio RugbyWorks policies at all times, with particular emphasis on Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding. The jobholder will require an Enhanced DBS check. Attendance at other Dallaglio RugbyWorks events and conferences will sometimes be required.
Please send a covering letter and your CV by 5pm on 2nd February 2020.
Interviews will take place on w/c 10th February 2020.