The Trust offers an enrichment programme in Music and Sport that is unrivalled in the state sector, in which every young person is encouraged to explore new activities, discover their talents and develop their passions, setting themselves up for life beyond school. This programme is financed by the Trust’s Inspiration Fund, which encompasses fundraising activities in schools, trust-wide fundraising ‘sprints’ and support from Trusts, Foundations and individual donors.
About the role
To support our ambitious vision and the next stage of our development, we are currently looking for an experienced Fundraising Manager with skills in bid writing, major donor cultivation and mass appeal campaign strategy to join our exceptional staff team. You will play a leading role in the development of this £1.2 million fundraising campaign and the future of the Trust.
As our Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for writing and submitting grant applications on behalf of the Trust to raise funds for the Inspiration Fund. You will be responsible for reporting to funders and researching prospective grant-givers. You will also play a key role in supporting our Music programme through attendance at rehearsals, concerts and events.
The role can be undertaken as home based or office based at Malcolm Arnold Academy, Northampton (where team meetings will be held).
- An experienced professional with a first-class track record in developing and delivering impressive fundraising programmes, ideally in this sector
- Outstanding writing skills suited to preparing funding proposals and reports of the highest quality
- A proven networker and influencer who has the experience, drive and resilience to build and grow a new capability for the Trust
- A team player; a person who can operate right across DRET to build trust and commitment and inspire action that delivers outstanding results
- Experience of managing research, identifying new funding opportunities, ensuring the Trust is able to present a compelling case for support and demonstration of impact
- Experience of building, cultivating and sustaining relationships , both internally and with Trust and foundation representatives and philanthropists
- Event management experience and knowledge of Marketing and PR would be beneficial
Salary and Benefits
£30,000 FTE (pro-rata for part time)
The role is available for 3 or 4 days per week and there is flexibility around the number of hours or days for the successful candidate.
Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
30 days annual leave (pro-rata if part time)
Please visit our website to complete our on-line application form - note that we cannot accept CVs without a completed application form.
Early applications advised as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
No agencies please
The David Ross Education Trust is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.