David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation is a highly effective wildlife conservation charity funding key conservation projects across Africa and Asia.
We are looking for a Supporter Care and Database Executive to join our team.
You will work with the Fundraising team to support a range of fundraising activities carried out by the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation (DSWF). You will have responsibility for three key areas:
• Database: Update and maintain supporter records on the Raiser’s Edge database, perform data audits and cleansing, provide data reports for fundraising activities.
• Fundraising: Support all fundraising initiatives as part of the fundraising team
• Stewardship: Manage day to day interaction with supporters including thanking and answering queries.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with CRM databases, including generating reports and exporting data, be fully computer literate, have excellent organisational and time-management skills and be able to work accurately and on your own initiative whilst managing multiple priorities and deadlines. The successful candidate must also have a high attention to detail and the ability to work with high volumes of information and data.
An understanding of the fundraising sector, particularly individual giving income streams (appeals, regular giving, community fundraising, adoptions etc.) is desirable. Above all, you must be enthusiastic, warm and good with people, with the ability to communicate effectively with supporters at all levels and to work well on your own and as part of a team. This is a great role for someone wishing to gain a great deal of experience across a variety of fundraising disciplines and initiatives.
1. To maintain and develop best practices and procedures in database management including compliance with GDPR, Fundraising Regulator requirements and Gift Aid
2. Full management of the supporter database (Raisers Edge) including responsibility for technical management and maintenance, including managing the relationship with Blackbaud.
3. Manage the import and export of data from our donation and other web / fundraising systems.
4. Maintain the accuracy and integrity of data through routine data cleansing and hygiene tasks.
5. Prepare internal and external data to support national, regional and international campaigns, events and communications activity.
6. To communicate with supporters in a timely and professional manner
7. To liaise with relevant departments to provide appropriate information and reports from the database for fundraising activities, communications and financial reconciliations
8. To be the first point of contact for enquiries to the fundraising team, dealing with day-to-day correspondence via letter, telephone and email efficiently and providing administrative support
9. To work with the fundraising and communications team to plan and implement specific fundraising income initiatives as appropriate
10. With support from the Head of Fundraising to manage the Adoptions programme
11. With support from the Head of Fundraising to manage the Community Fundraising programme including all third party led events such as London Marathon and RideLondon
12. To collaborate with other staff members to analyse fundraising trends/results and provide related analysis
Person Specification Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- Degree educated.
- Holder of, or willingness to work towards, a Fundraising qualification.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Working with a fundraising CRM system.
- Using Microsoft Office.
- General fundraising experience particularly in the areas of supporter stewardship and engagement.
- Good analytical and numerical skills.
- Ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work to clear deadlines.
- Working with the Raiser’s Edge fundraising CRM system.
- Understanding of the fundraising sector.
- Understanding of individual fundraising (regular givers, appeals, community fundraising).
Remuneration and Hours
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, with additional hours as required as necessary.
Head of Fundraising
20 days per annum rising to 22 days after two years’ service. An extra one day per annum will be given thereafter to a maximum of 25 days per annum. Bank Holidays also provided, and an additional holiday entitlement will be given at the Foundation’s discretion around Christmas and New Year.
Surrey or London (Primary working location Surrey but due to current Covid-19 situation there is flexibility around working from home)
How to apply: Please apply online with your CV and covering letter (covering letter no more than 2 sides of A4 referencing the job description above)
We will begin interviewing immediately, so this position may be filled before the deadline closes. Please don’t wait before applying!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.