Are you creative and passionate about fundraising to support a mission of inclusion and diversity?
We are a deaf-led charity working together for an equal and better future for all deaf people since 1835. We have a range of transformative projects and services which support our aim of improving the quality and conditions of life for deaf people.
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative and dynamic person to join our team as Senior Fundraiser. You will be someone with a minimum of 5 years’ fundraising experience (including fundraising in a digital environment) who can help grow our supporter base and raise the profile of Deaf Action through engaging with new and existing supporters.
You should be able to think creatively, work both independently and as part of a team, and demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal and digital skills. You will have experience of managing campaigns that help mobilise supporters, together with a background in campaign management that generates income to support the work of the organisation.
You will be articulate, have strong influencing skills and proven stakeholder management skills to work with all levels of staff in the organisation, our board of Trustees, and external partners. You will have a commitment to empowering deaf people and be willing to learn British Sign Language as part of your role.
The role reports to the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team.
- Lead the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy that supports our strategic aims and development plan
- Cultivate, development and grow our base supporter
- Build diverse funding streams to include individual and corporate giving; and begin to lay the foundations for future legacy donations
- Grow corporate income and identify and secure new relationships that generate unrestricted financial support and sponsorship
- Ensure adherence to ethical fundraising and adoption of best practice
- Line manage, support and develop the Community & Events Fundraiser and any additional recruits to the fundraising team
- Support the Community & Events Fundraiser and Marketing Manager to create engaging content to maintain a strong community on social media channels
- Coordinate and monitor fundraising campaigns across all platforms
- Monitor analytics to measure and improve fundraising performance towards a target and lead corrective action where required to maintain progress against targets
- Highlight opportunities for and organise community activations and events to support fundraising activity, with support of Community & Events Fundraiser
- Manage and deliver three to four small events per year including; appoint and liaise with appropriate venues and suppliers, oversee the creation of communications materials i.e. invitations, presentations, manage event budgets and event follow up
- Write engaging and timely case studies and news stories
- Work with colleagues to create new campaigns to promote fundraising activities
- Identify potential collaborators and partnership opportunities and support relationship management
- Recruit, coordinate and managing fundraising volunteers.
- Prepare and manage annual fundraising budgets, to include agreeing personal and team income targets and forecasting resources required to implement strategy (e.g. expenditure budget)
- Ensure diligent record keeping, avoidance of wastage and maximisation of in-kind support to keep expenditure to a minimum.
- Contribute to the Strategic and Business Planning activities
- Contribute to reporting on activities and impact
- Work closely with other members of the Fundraising team ensure accurate and timely recording of all enquiries, follow-ups and donations, adhering to and within agreed protocols
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure all progress reports and evaluations are prepared and completed within the agreed deadlines
- Respect confidentiality and manage data appropriately in line with the GDPR
- Understand relevant duties relating to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
Person Specification (Essential):
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, including experience of people management, working with volunteer groups and experience of event planning
- Proven track record of delivering against targets whilst offering excellent supporter care
- Excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to write engaging copy
- Experience of engaging with a range of internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to work proactively, prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop good working relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn British Sign Language
Person Specification (Desirable):
- Experience of working in the charitable sector in Scotland;
- Knowledge or awareness of deaf issues and culture;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics;
- Full, clean driving license.
What’s on Offer
- Occupational pension scheme with employer contributions of 6%
- 32 days leave (inc public holidays) with additional leave accruing with long service
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme provided by Health Assured
- Access to the Cycle to Work Scheme and IT Voucher Scheme
- Support for Learning and Development through our PDR process
- BSL Classes to Level 2
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021 at 5pm
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter
PVG checks will be requested. Applications welcome from all sections of the community. We expect you will share our commitment to the core values of Deaf Action. Deaf Action is a Company Limited by Guarantee and registered in Scotland SC 396876. Scottish Charity Number SCO09898
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter