Ensure that Deafconnect provides a high-quality range of projects/services for Deaf and hard of hearing people of all ages in line with need from the communities.
Ensure that Deafconnect services meet the standards required by all relevant, current legislation and the funding organisations for each project.
To take a strategic and developmental role in identifying potential opportunities for Deafconnect to generate income for the provision of service and take responsibility for the ongoing improvement and development of services.
To provide senior management to all Deafconnect staff
To work closely with the Board of Trustees, provide regular reports and additional information as required.
MANAGEMENT OF SERVICE PROVISION / DEVELOPMENT
1. Manage projects and services – Ensure discussion with clients/service users takes place, in order to identify need and develop the project plan. Ensure funding is secured, to enable set-up and development of projects that will improve opportunities for Deaf and hard of hearing people. Provide ongoing management and development support for all projects through team leaders and staff.
2 Develop Partnerships - To take a leading role in the identification, negotiation and development of partnership arrangements with other voluntary and statutory agencies to enable joint provision of service where appropriate. To provide advice and assistance to these partners.
3. Funding Opportunities
a. To actively seek out funding opportunities to generate income via funding applications, tenders for contracts and trading.
b. Write and prepare a range of tenders and proposals to statutory bodies as appropriate, and communicate with organisations/agencies throughout the duration of application.
c. To submit funding applications to Trusts and other funding bodies. To take an innovative and creative approach to service development and bid writing.
d. To liaise with the Board of Trustees as required to develop proposals ensuring bids have a strategic fit with the organisation and are operationally deliverable.
e. To keep up-to-date with best practice in developments regarding new sources of income.
f. To understand public sector commissioners’ aims and work with them to identify need in the Deaf and hard of hearing communities and assist in the development of the funded service.
4. Research current political and social developments which may have a bearing on service development and funding for the future
5. Ensure that progress is tracked and accurate records of funding applications are maintained. Ensure that management information is provided in order to assist understanding of achievement against service development income targets and strategic objectives.
6. Attend relevant funding events and report back to the Board of Trustees as appropriate.
7. Undertake consultation exercises as required to inform service design and funding proposals.
8. To network and attend meetings as appropriate to establish good business relationships with a broad network of professional and non-professional clients
9. Represent the organisation and its objectives at meetings and in links with external agencies, advocating the merits of the organisation in a positive manner at all times.
MANAGEMENT OF STAFF
1. Provide line management to Senior staff including personal supervision and performance reviews, to ensure highest standards of professional practice. To oversee the management of team members.
2. To be involved in the recruitment of new staff
3. To promote an effective team environment, ensuring that team meetings are well led, and ensuring effective communication and information exchange between team members.
4. To ensure that all staff have relevant training for their job responsibilities and that all training is up to date.
1. To be responsible to Northampton Borough Council for the maintenance and development of the Community Centre
2. To manage the community centre ensuring engagement with the local community, working with community groups and local officers including the Police.
3. Ensure that the community centre is effectively marketed and publicised to enable the covering of costs through group bookings.
1. To be accountable for finance – ensuring creation, monitoring and control of the relevant budgets and accounts. Taking appropriate action, and keeping the Board of Trustees updated at Board meetings and other times as appropriate.
2. Undertake, or delegate, as appropriate, presentations to groups to enhance awareness of Deafconnect’s projects and services for Deaf people.
3. Co-ordinate and submit regular and timely reports in relation to service contracts, grant awards etc., liaising closely to maintain ongoing positive relationships.
4. To be accountable for the planning, development and implementation of effective quality assurance systems and provide reports and updates to the Board of Trustees as required.
5. To be self-sufficient with administration tasks, utilising I.T. and data bases accordingly.
6. To improve skills and knowledge by participating in personal development as appropriate and attend relevant training courses and other events
7. To market and promote services for Deaf People in accordance with the Deafconnect mission statement, advocating the merits of the organisation in a positive manner at all times.
8. To work in accordance with all organisational policies and practices and ensure that such are up to date.
9. Undertake any other duties as may be required within the scope of the post and participate as necessary in corporate initiatives and projects.
Person Specification Form
Of tendering and procurement processes
Of equal opportunities
Of Health and safety especially safeguarding and loan working
An awareness of Deaf issues and the needs of Deaf people
Of recording and monitoring statistical information
Ability to promote and market the services provided and the organisation as a whole.
Able to present to audiences of varied levels and professionals
Good written and IT skills and effective report writing
Ability to set up and establish projects
Able to manage and supervise a team of people
To be able to create a working budget and monitor the finances against these budgets
Of Managing and developing a service
Of recruitment & selection
Of service development
Of dealing with employee relation issues
Of working to and within budgets
Of community development work
Of facilitation/group work
Of developing and managing projects
Of partnership working with statutory and voluntary organisations at a senior level
Of submitting tenders
A good track record of income generation
Of managing a team
Of Managing and developing a service for Deaf and hard of hearing people
Of working with user representatives
Of dealing with employee relation issues
Of managing a servicedelivery contracts
Essential Personal Qualities
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all people
To have a flexible attitude and an ability to organise and prioritise own workload, working to deadlines and managing competing priorities.
Ability to work both as part of a team and alone
Able to network and build good relationships
A positive approach to work
A creative approach – to be able to think out of the box
Desirable Personal Qualities
To be a problem solver
British Sign Language to at least level 2.
English GCSE C and above
Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as dictated by the needs of the job
Able to travel freely and maintain flexibility in terms of working location
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.