This exciting new role will attract an experienced and highly motivated Fundraising Manager who wants to support the growth and development of our forward thinking, ethical Charity
This is an exciting new role which is key for the future development of the Charity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising strategy to support the charity. This will include all aspects of fundraising and marketing from encouraging support from individuals through to corporate partnerships.
You will embrace the Ethics and Ethos of the Charity and promote compassionate living.
As a fundraising and marketing manager you would be responsible for meeting income targets by using various techniques to generate donations from a variety of sources to include Community, individual, corporate and media. Your role will be to lead and deliver the Sanctuary’s fundraising requirements.
To take responsibility for income generation and growth of income streams in line with the Sanctuary’s operational plans.
To identify, develop and organise key fundraising activities which comply with the Sanctuary’s vision, values and ethos.
To take responsibility for sponsorship development and management
To develop and enhance existing fundraising streams
To develop corporate and individual membership
To manage and develop key projects identified to enhance fundraising activities.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are required. You will also need to build long-term relationships with potential donors or volunteers and persuasively explain the charity’s cause to them
- You will need to be good at researching and devising strategies, as well as spotting and taking advantage of donation opportunities
- You need to be adept at managing others, whether they be in your team, in the wider organisation, or partners.
- You will have excellent knowledge and experience of social media platforms such a Facebook, Twitter and IG and be able to use them extensively to create and manage online fundraisers and promotions.
- You will have database and spreadsheet experience.
- A marketing background from idea, design, implementation and outcome based is essential.
Qualifications and Experience:
A degree in marketing is preferable, but formal training and qualifications in fundraising or marketing will be accepted
A minimum of two years as a marketing and fundraising manager
This role requires someone who can work flexibly with their time
Proven track record of consistently meeting income targets
To research and apply for new corporate support and Charity of the Year partnerships
To research and identify potential supporters encourage them to support us
To organise our in house and external fundraising events
Recruiting, organising and inspiring volunteers
Keeping up to date with sanctuary needs and activities
Creating a donor database
Managing information and recording the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database
Managing your own budget and ensuring targets are met
Developing and organising fundraising campaigns, events with clearly defined outcomes
Spotting fundraising opportunities and raising awareness of the Charities work
To create, deliver and manage fundraising appeals and campaigns
To attend events on behalf of the Charity both within and outside of office hours.
Circa £28K dependent upon experience
Working from the Sanctuary in Shirenewton
37.5 Hours a week - Flexible hours required dependent upon the needs of the Charity
Please apply with covering letter and comprehensive CV to email address provided
Only successfull applications will be contacted for the next stage
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.