We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At DEBRA we are currently looking for an Area Community Support Manager to join our team based in Scotland.
About the Area Community Support Manager role
You will provide a community support and advocacy service to people whose lives are affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) through effective communication and liaison with all sections of the community and other stakeholders.
You will also be a resource to the EB community and DEBRA team on the subject of an area of special interest to be agreed eg Welfare Benefits.
Key responsibilities as our Area Community Support Manager:
On appointment each area manager will agree and be appointed an area of special interest in relation to their role as a DEBRA community support manager. The aim is for each manager to have a different area of interest in which they can develop knowledge and expertise so they can act as a resource to the team.
Areas of interest may be schooling, housing, benefits, work place, social isolation, bereavement, knowledge of others organisations/services that could benefit the EB community, developing self-help publications and DEBRA web site info that supports the community etc.
What we’re looking for in our Area Community Support Manager:
- Relevant experience working face to face with the public within an advisory or health and social care setting
- A willingness to gain expertise in EB, welfare reform, community support
- A commitment to continued professional development in order to maintain knowledge require for the post
- Ability to put people at ease and build trust
- Ability to use efficient and appropriate planning techniques to achieve team and organisational goals in a cost efficient and timely manner
- The ability to travel throughout the required area/areas, and further afield occasionally.
- Knowledge of current welfare provision and understanding of statutory organisations and their responsibilities is highly desirable
- 10% non-contributory pension
- 5 weeks’ holiday + BHs
- Life assurance – 3 x salary
- General sick pay
- 33% discount in DEBRA shops
- Flexible working
DEBRA is the national charity that supports individuals and families affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) – a painful genetic skin blistering condition which, in the worst cases, can be fatal.
We have a vision of a world where no one suffers from the painful genetic skin condition EB.
Until that day, DEBRA focuses its work in two areas:
- We fund pioneering research to find effective treatments and, ultimately, a cure for EB.
- We provide care and support to individuals and families living with EB.
We couldn’t do any of this without raising substantial funds, which is why you will be so integral to our success.
If you are enthusiastic about the contribution you could make and would like to join our team as our new Area Community Support Manager please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!