We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At DEBRA we are currently looking for a Membership Engagement Coordinator to join our team. This role is based at the DEBRA Head Office in Bracknell, Berkshire.
About the Membership Engagement Coordinator
- To increase effective engagement with the EB community, ensuring members feel informed, valued, and listened to.
- To enable DEBRA to better understand the needs of the EB community.
- To ensure the EB community are at the centre of DEBRA’s charitable activity, by empowering a strong member voice.
- To increase members connections with DEBRA and other people living with EB, encouraging peer to peer support, and sharing of lived experiences.
What we’re looking for in Membership Engagement Coordinator
EB Community Engagement
- Develop a strong engagement strategy of diverse and inclusive initiatives, empowering members of the EB community to connect and to have a voice.
- Work with the membership manager to increase the number of members.
- Prepare and facilitate workshops, member panels, surveys, and presentations.
- Gather the views and levels of service satisfaction of DEBRA members.
- Facilitate member involvement in the development of and improvement of services and support available.
- Increase the volume and manage member involvement in providing case stories, volunteering, and undertaking ‘Ambassador’ roles.
- Facilitate individuals across the EB community to network through membership activities, events, on-line and informal contacts.
- Record and measure outcomes of engagement initiatives.
- Report on the impact of key outputs of charitable activities making a difference to the EB Community.
- Report on opportunities for developments/priorities in charitable activities.
- Report to the EB community in relation to engagement initiatives.
Service and Communication
- Act as the first point of contact for members of the EB community with general enquiries, providing information or signposting as required.
- Act as the first point of contact to other directorates when members stories are required.
- Manage and record member compliments, feedback, and complaints.
- Work with colleagues to ensure information to members is presented in an appropriate and engaging manner.
- Produce articles and marketing materials to support member engagement and internal awareness of membership engagement.
Administration and management
- Facilitate/ support members in DEBRA ‘Ambassador’ roles.
- Maintain and manage the portfolio of member case stories.
- Maintain a register of members who are interested in supporting DEBRA’s work.
- Produce clear policies and procedures for engagement initiatives.
- Undertake and manage risk assessments for engagement initiatives.
- Assist with communication/mailing lists of EB community members.
- To attend meetings and events, as necessary.
- To work as a team member as part of the overall organisation.
- To ensure that all working practices comply within DEBRA policy, Health and Safety legislation and always maintain confidentiality.
- To carry out any other duties as requested by the Membership Manager or Director.
Key skills we are looking for:
- Passionate about making a difference to people’s lives.
- Understands and values the needs of a diverse community.
- Ability to be flexible to accommodate occasional evening/weekend work.
- Ability to travel independently as required to events/meetings.
- A willingness to gain expertise in EB.
- Collaborative working with others in a team to achieve shared objectives
- Data recording, analysis and report writing
- Collation of service and satisfaction levels
- Delivering to deadlines and working flexibly with changing priorities
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- A genuine interest in promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion. and be passionate about community engagement
- Demonstrates empathy
- Ability to research and generate new initiatives
- Achievement oriented – a pro-active approach with the ability to meet challenging targets and overcome obstacles.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- IT Literate, including ability to use Microsoft office and databases.
- Adaptability – openness to new ideas and ability to prioritise conflicting demands.
- Positive disposition and self-motivation with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly organised.
DEBRA is the national charity that supports individuals and families affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) – a painful genetic skin blistering condition which, in the worst cases, can be fatal.
The worth of every activity at DEBRA is assessed by the impact it has to improve the quality of life for those in the EB community, a group of 5000+ people in the UK who have the genetic skin condition EB. For over 40 years, the charity DEBRA has been providing care and funding research to try to cure this devastating condition.
If you are enthusiastic about the contribution you could make and would like to join our team as our new Membership Engagement Coordinator please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!