DPG is a legal aid firm known for high profile civil liberties & human rights litigation. We do cases that we think matter and which make a difference either to groups or individuals. We have a friendly team of staff committed to the work we do and to making the firm a great place to work.
Our aim is to create a financially sustainable firm that enables us to use the law to empower our clients to hold the state & those with power to account for its actions and inactions, to fight for human rights, to challenge discrimination and environmental abuses. We aim to do this by working together as a team in accordance with our values which are central to the work we do.
We are looking for a full or part time Accounts Assistant to work alongside our Accounts Manager. This is the ideal role for a mathematically adept person with an interest in IT and problem solving. We are looking for someone who is organised and has good attention to detail and a can-do attitude who likes working in a team. Ideally you have some experience in using Microsoft Excel, a genuine interest in the firm’s aims, and an ability to work under pressure. This is an entry level role that would be suited to a graduate or similar. Lack of relevant work experience is not a hindrance for the right candidate.
• Good mathematical abilities.
• Good intellectual abilities.
• Excellent IT skills and an interest in IT including at least intermediate Excel skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• A proven ability to use initiative.
• Superb attention to detail.
• A methodical and efficient approach to the work and excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage time and competing demands efficiently and to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
• An interest in the work Deighton Pierce Glynn undertakes.
Advantageous but not essential
• A desire to build a career in accounts.
• Experience of working in a solicitor’s office or equivalent legal/advice work environment.
• Knowledge of legal aid billing.
• Knowledge of the solicitors’ accounts rules, specifically those applicable to a legal aid practice.
Please apply via our website by 8 am on 17 June 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.