Call and Care Manager (CQC Registered Manager)
Employer: Dementia Concern
Salary: £30,000 to £32,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Responsible to: Operations Manager & CEO
Responsible for: Up to 15 Care Attendants
Are you a Registered Care Manager looking to work with a long-standing local charity supporting people living with dementia in Ealing and their carer?
The Dementia Concern Call & Care service offers respite care for carers through providing social interaction and activities to people living dementia through a dedicated team of Care Attendants. We are looking for a registered manager with the drive and ambition to take the service forward. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and commercial acumen.
Dementia Concern has been providing services for people living with dementia and their carers for more than 25 years and prides itself on providing innovative and high quality services. This post is an opportunity to specialise in a growing field working with a diverse and highly experience team.
Purpose of the Post
The main purpose of the post is to manage the home respite of the charity Call & Care service. Call & Care is a CQC registered service and provides a respite service for carers while providing social stimulation for persons living with dementia. It is paid via the client’s eligible benefits or from their own personal means.
The role also involves working alongside the Volunteer Coordinator who organises a free Carer’s Short Breaks service within the borough. Both roles are part of the grant funding which provides the CQC-registered Call & Care Service and a free volunteer-led sitting service for those living with dementia and their carers.
Both elements of the Carer’s Short Breaks programme are referred via Ealing Social Services.
The main tasks of the post are to:
- Provide effective management of the day-to-day operations of the Call and Care Service
- Co-ordinate referrals and carry out assessments, including risk assessments, for people with dementia and their carers
- Undertake reviews of the needs of service users
- As registered manager ensure that Call & Care complies with all relevant requirements including Health & Safety and the registered service standards laid out by the Care Quality Commission
- Ensure agreed policies and practices are followed and develop new and updated policies and procedures in consultation with the CEO and support of the HR Manager
- Prepare rotas, check and approve timesheets and annual leave requests
- Maintain good records and statistical systems in accordance with the requirements of both the organisation and funding bodies to achieve targets
- Manage the budget for the service and ensure value for money for service users and the organisation
- Liaise with other colleagues and relevant agencies on the specific needs of service users and share information if requested
- Take responsibility for resolving service failures and complaints and reporting these to the CEO
- Support the development of an improved database for the service
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of Call & Care including outputs and outcomes
- In conjunction with the CEO develop the service and identify new marketing opportunities
- Provide regular reports to the CEO, the Board of Trustees and relevant
- Provide effective line management of Call & Care staff including the recruitment, induction, supervision and appraisal of Care Attendants
- Identify and review development opportunities, which will enhance the personal and professional competence of staff and service
- Oversee relevant training for all staff
- Plan, allocate and review the work of Care Attendants through their regular one-to-one supervision
- Arrange and chair regular team meetings for Call & Care staff
- Provide out-of-hours emergency support through an on-call system
- Keep up to date with national and local trends and developments affecting people with dementia and their carers
- Promote the organisation and its aims externally
- Work in partnership with other organisations to promote awareness of dementia
- Attend meetings, training and conferences as required
- Carry out any other duties which may arise from time to time and are appropriate for the level of the post as directed by the CEO.
Person Specification Essential
- NVQ 4/QCF Level 5 in Health and Social Care or willingness to work towards this
- At least 2 years’ experience of managing and supervising staff in a domiciliary setting
- Experience of assessing service user needs and carrying out risk assessments
- Understanding of Personalisation and its impact on direct service delivery
- Knowledge and understanding of CQC regulatory framework
- An interest in the field of Dementia, the process of ageing and social care
- Capacity to work with service users, carers and the public
- Proficient IT skills including knowledge of databases, rota systems and supporting on-line impact reporting and CQC rating
- Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours (on rota system).
- Experience of working as a CQC registered manager
- Experience of running a home care or respite service
- Commercial awareness and ability to understand and manage budgets
- Experience of monitoring, evaluating and auditing
- Ability to communicate well within writing and verbally
- Educated to degree level
Applying for the Vacancy
Please ensure you read through all the information enclosed, including the job description and especially the person specification: the latter will be used as the selection criteria.
A maximum of one A4 sheet of additional information may be added to the application form. An application form is required, but CVs can be submitted as supplementary material.
I hope you find this information useful and you decide to make an application.
Please ensure that your application and equality & diversity monitoring form reach us by no later than 5pm Wednesday, 29th July, 2020 if we receive a high volume of candidates we may move the closing date forward and if we receive too few replies, we will extend the closing date.
Individuals offered the position will have to undergo an enhanced DBS check.