Dementia Concern has been providing services for people living with dementia and their carers for more than 25 years and prides itself on providing innovative and high quality services. This post is an opportunity to specialise in a growing field working with a diverse and highly experience team. Please note that this post requires an enhanced DBS.
Main Aims of the Post
The main aim of the post is to ensure that the Income & Expenditure and finances of the charity are managed efficiently and effectively, and in line with the Charity SORP
The main tasks are to:
- Discuss the finances with the Chief Executive Officer and senior management staff as appropriate and as needed
- Set up and maintain appropriate book-keeping, accounts and finance systems and procedures
- Produce regular management accounts for the Board of Trustees and reports for managers
- Complete the Final Accounts, bring all accounting information up to audit standards and liaise with the Auditors
- Set up systems to enable statistics to be produced from CharityLog and Excel
- Ensure that reports to funders and statistical reports are completed accurately and on time, together with senior service providing staff
- Provide financial information for funding applications
- Provide support as needed to the Human Resources (HR) Manager
- Support the Payroll process as needed, checking accuracy against Income & Expenditure and cooperating with the HR Manager
- Check and support that any non-payroll payments are being made as might be required
- Work with the Managers, supporting them to devise/create their own budgets, support them to manage their budgets, devise mechanisms and reports to help management keep their budgets on target, and solicit information from the Managers for them to forecast their yearly budgets. Also to update Managers regularly (every 4-6 weeks) on YTD budgeting
- Create and maintain a Charging System, invoice clients as appropriate and ensure that payments are made in conjunction with other management and administrative staff
- Support funding applications in conjunction with other fundraising staff
- Monitor the overall financial position of any consortiums which Dementia Concern is leading on
- Carry out supervisions and appraisals with Line Reports
- Attend internal and external meetings as appropriate
- Adhere to the spirit and practice of Dementia Concern’s Equal Opportunity Policy in all aspects of work relating to the organisation
- Be willing to undertake relevant training to develop the role
- Undertake any other duties agreed by the Chief Executive Officer as appropriate to the nature of the post.
This job description reflects the current duties allocated to the appointment. These duties may need to be altered in the future to reflect changing circumstances and requirements. No change affecting the principal functions of the post will be made without the jobholder’s agreement. Other changes will not be regarded as variations in the jobholder’s conditions of service.
The application process will invovle an 10-minute presentation during the interview process and possibly by powerpoint or any other creative means. One hour Interviews are likely to be between Monday 5th August 2019 and Wednesday 7 August 2019 . Anticipated start date to be Monday the 9th of September. 2019 .
Applications can be accepted by post to Martina Haughton, 223 Windmill Road, Ealing London, W5 4dJ or by email.
Applications are required for the role. CVS can be submitted in addition to an application but not in place of an application. A Diversity Monitoring Form is also required. References to be requested upon offer of employment.
Please respond to Martina Haughton, HR Manager with any queries.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.