Dementia Concern has been providing services for people living with dementia and their carers for more than 25 years and prides itself on providing innovative and high quality services. This post is an opportunity to specialise in a growing field working with a diverse and highly experience team. This post requires an enhanced DBS.
- Carry out management and administrative tasks within the HR function with the guidance and support of the CEO
- Ensure that personnel quality standards, guidelines, policies, training and procedures are adhered to
- Support the operational administration of the Payroll functions, as it pertains to the charity’s employees. To liaise with the Payroll service as needed and to support the timely execution of the Payroll
Main Tasks: Office Support
The main tasks are to:
- Ensure payroll policies & procedures are regularly reviewed and updated with the CEO
- Support the transition from a paper-based Payroll process to a paperless Payroll process
- Ensure control is exercised over all petty cash expenses/floats in coordination with the part-time Finance Manager
- Support a comprehensive Payroll service;
- Processing timesheets, calculating salaries, processing all salary information and reports and distributing pay slips (as may be required), with the support of the Finance Manager and CEO
- Creating and maintaining new employee records and files
- Producing payments and reports for pension administrators and advising staff on the organisation’s stakeholder pension scheme and auto-enrolment
- Dealing with employee queries
- Keep accurate records of staff leave, sickness etc., in coordination with team managers
Main Tasks: Human Resources
The main HR tasks are to:
- Review and update HR systems, policies and procedures with the guidance and support of the CEO. Be the Policy Champion for the organisation and support the accreditation process (AQS, Investors in People, etc.)
- Provide a full range of services and support in recruiting staff. This includes: the input of data/information on to the HR database, processing application forms, interviewing staff, processing DBS forms, drafting contracts of employment and administrating the induction process for new staff
- Organise mandatory and additional training, update records and analysis and be involved in the overall strategy, in coordination with team managers and the CEO
- Update all personnel files and deal with personnel correspondence, preparing letters and memos and performing other duties as required, including dealing with administrative and operational aspects of probations, disciplinary matters, grievances and other HR issues
- Redundancy and reorganisation design lead
- Support DBS checks on staff, volunteers and student placements, and liaise with local agency who maintains this service
- Maintain confidentiality when required and be aware of the organisation’s policy on Data Protection.
The post holder must also:
- Adhere to the spirit and practice of Dementia Concern’s Equal Opportunities Policy in all aspects of work relating to the organisation
- Be willing to undertake relevant training to develop the role and attend support and supervision sessions
- Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate
- Undertake as required any other duties compatible with the level and nature of the post and/or reasonably requested by the Executive Director.
This job description reflects the current duties allocated to the appointment. These duties may need to be altered in the future to reflect changing circumstances and requirements. No change affecting the principal functions of the post will be made without the jobholder’s agreement. Other changes will not be regarded as variations in the jobholder’s conditions of service.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.