The ETE Co-ordinator will play a vital role in the implementation of DENS Empowerment Programme. Working close with colleagues across the organisation, the ETE Co-ordinator will empower clients to take the next positive step in their lives by the supporting and assisting them to access education, training, employment or volunteer work.
A full driving licence valid in the UK, and access to a vehicle is essential.
The ETE Co-ordinator will report to the Elms Manager, and be expected to work across DENS services, all of which are in Hemel Hempstead .
The main tasks for the role of ETE Co-ordinator will include but are not limited to:
- To work with clients to develop and support them to implement realistic and focused ETE plans; continue to work with the clients to monitor the plan and make changes where appropriate.
- Work with external training providers, local employers and other agencies to identify training, volunteering and employment opportunities for our clients.
- To develop formalised training pathways with clients
- To understand the learning needs of clients and signpost to relevant external agencies and training providers.
- To work with the Social Enterprise Co-ordinator to develop social enterprise training pathways for clients.
- To monitor client progress using Inform and produce written reports and complete monitoring and evaluation procedures as requested by your Manager.
Knowledge and skills
- Understand the causes and effects of homelessness
- Understanding of the barriers to ETE for vulnerable adults
- Knowledge of the adult learning sector
- Understanding of the job market
- Ability to work across teams and with external organisations
- Ability to motivate individuals who present a range of challenges
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to work with an IT based CRM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in public speaking and making presentations
- Ability to modify communication style to meet the needs of a range of target audiences
- Experience of working with homeless people or other vulnerable adults
- Experience of working across organisations and developing partnerships with other organisations
- Experience of supporting others, either in a work or voluntary capacity.