1. Job Summary:
To work with Services Users providing daily interaction, support, encouragement and guidance. To maintain a safe and secure environment for Service Users and staff alike. To assist in training.
2. Principal Responsibilities:
- To maintain the basic day-to-day routines and programme of activities within the centre ensuring that all Day Centre rules and safety procedures are adhered to.
- To assess the risk involved in accepting each Service user and act accordingly.
- During the Day Centre’s opening hours, to engage in daily interaction with Service Users building appropriate relationships to provide much needed information, support, encouragement and guidance.
- To assist Service Users in attaining basic life skills.
- To maintain a state of awareness enabling difficult and potentially confrontational situations to be averted, or quickly resolved.
- To undertake detailed interviews with Service Users, initiate any necessary actions and record onto case sheets.
- To provide assistance with the well being and welfare of Service Users assisting, as appropriate, with the multitude of problems that they face.
- To ensure that Health and Safety, Food, Hygiene, and Fire Regulations are followed, administering First Aid if necessary.
- To ensure the security of the building, alerting the emergency services if required.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as required including cooking and cleaning.
- To correctly follow relevant referral procedures for Hostel referrals both internally and externally.
- To conduct searches of guests belongings if necessary.
- To complete various statistical and other forms, maintaining Service Users records and providing reports to DENS management as requested.
- To continue with ongoing resettlement work.
- To attend relevant statutory and 3rd sector meetings where necessary
Closing date is 28th August 20. Please complete our application form, which you should be able to find on this site, or on our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.