At Depaul Housing Services we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Trustee to come and join our team. This a nationwide voluntary position, so you can be based anywhere across the UK.
There are no set hours but we do require someone with flexibility who is easily contactable and can attend meetings and events when they happen.
The Trustee role:
Depaul Housing Services (DHS) is recruiting a new Trustee with expertise on property development matters. Our subsidiary company, Depaul Housing Services (DHS), was established in 2014 as a Registered Provider of Social Housing, to make the best use of the small number of properties we own, and to support the implementation of Depaul UK’s wider property development strategy.
We are passionate about the difference we make and wish to appoint Trustees who will be as passionate.
We actively encourage equality and diversity in Depaul UK, and look to recruit across age, gender, ethnicity and background. We are keen to see the membership of both the Trustee body and Committees reflect as closely as possible the diverse backgrounds of our clients.
Given the nationwide nature of Depaul UK, we actively encourage applicants based outside of London, especially the Northeast and the Northwest.
Who are we?
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We are a creative organization, regularly reviewing and developing new ways to support our clients. We provide services that:
- Prevent homelessness
- Increase the resilience of those we work with
- Energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering
We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
What we will do to support you in the Trustee role:
- Out of pocket expenses in line with the Trustees’ expenses policy
- Access to the Depaul UK Governance Manager for help and support in their role as Trustee
- Equal opportunity to participate regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation
What will ideally support your success in the Trustee role?
- A commitment to the vision and values of Depaul and to take decisions for the good of the organisation
- Experience of the housing sector, property development and a good understanding of social housing regulation and capital programmes
- An understanding of Tenant Involvement and community regeneration
- Thorough understanding of health and safety and risk management
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of charity trusteeship
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Trustee then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date – Sunday 08 March 2020 at 23:59
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.