Depaul UK are currently recruiting for a Assistant Financial Controller to join our team based in London. You will join us on a full-time, fixed term basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £43,111 (incl ILW) per annum + pension and benefits.
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness
Over the past 30 years, we have grown as an organisation and developed and enhanced our work and the impact it has across the UK. Depaul UK has a wide range of services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness
The Assistant Financial Controller role:
We are currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Assistant Financial Controller to work on a full time basis, on an 18 month fixed term contract.
In this role, you will assist in delivering a best in class financial control function and building our finance capacity through efficient systems and process. You will be responsible for supporting on financial policies and procedures, improving working captial management, and ensure records of income and expenditure are accurate and consistent.
What makes the Assistant Financial Controller role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’.
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success as our Assistant Financial Controller:
- A fully qualified CCAB accountant or QBE
- Demonstrable experience in the preparation of SORP compliant accounts and the creation of strong internal control environments and effective month-end and year-end routines
- Experience in the development of efficient business systems would also be desirable
- The ability to lead and develop a high performing team whilst successfully coordinating the work of the department to meet internal and external timescales is essential
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible, and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Assistant Financial Controller then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date for applications: Friday 22 October 2021 at 12:00 pm
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.