At Depaul UK we are currently have an exciting opportunity for a Family Worker to come and join our Whitley Bay team. You will join us on a full time basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £20,859 - £22,899 per annum + pension and other benefits, depending on experience/qualifications.
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We provide services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering. We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our Family Worker, we can offer you:
- A friendly, flexible and values-led organisation
- Competitive salary
- 34 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Family Worker role:
In this role you will be responsible for setting up and running our new family support service in the North East, with the full support of your manager.
You will provide a range of support to young people and their families to improve communication, reduce conflict and prevent family breakdown. It is also envisaged that we will develop and deliver a specialized Mediation service to help families though conflict.
You will work collaboratively with external agencies and colleagues across Depaul services in the region to build and maintain a full caseload of clients who are at risk of homelessness.
What makes this role exciting?
- We are expanding our services in homelessness prevention and so you’ll have an opportunity to help shape this area of the charity’s work
- The role is flexible and you can take a creative approach to supporting young people
- You’ll receive regular peer support with other Depaul Mediators/Family Workers, either via Skype or in person
What will ideally support your success in the Family Worker role?
- A clear understanding of how best to work with young people and families; reflective, creative and solution focused in your approach and dedicated to offering flexible and personalized support.
- Being able to working independently and manage your own caseload; self-motivated, able to prioritize tasks and carry out efficient organisation and administration.
- Have experience of carrying out risk and needs assessments and support planning for clients.
- Experience in providing mediation services
- You hold an accredited Interpersonal Mediation Certificate
We welcome applications from candidates either with or without the accredited Interpersonal Mediation services. If the successful applicant holds the certificate, their offer will reflect the higher end of the advertised salary scale. If they do not hold the certificate, they will be offered at the lower end of the salary scale but will be supported by Depaul in obtaining their certification.
Closing date: 30th June 2019
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Family Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.