Depaul UK are currently looking for an Employability Worker to join us in the London. You will join us on a full-time basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £23,108 per annum + pension and benefits.
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness.
Over the past 30 years, we have grown as an organisation and developed and enhanced our work and the impact it has across the UK. Depaul UK has a wide range of services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness.
The Employability Worker role:
Depaul UK are currently recruiting for an Employability Worker to support our clients in local community to generate employment opportunities, education and training (ETE).
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a ground-breaking partnership between Depaul, the Department for Education, local authorities and social investors. You will be working with these external stakeholders to deliver ETE for care leavers and help support our young people into work and study.
This role is officially known as a Progression Coach.
Rota: Monday- Friday with some early starts and occasional weekend working
What makes the Employability Worker role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner.
What will ideally support your success as our Employability Worker:
- A knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments and Support Planning
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- An understanding of the needs of people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health, substance use
- Able to demonstrate clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
- Effective collaborative working
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Employability Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Tuesday 4th May 2021 at 12pm
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.