Depaul UK are currently looking for a Employment and Education Lead to join us in London. You will join us on a full-time basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,674 per annum + pension and benefits.
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness.
Over the past 30 years, we have grown as an organisation and developed and enhanced our work and the impact it has across the UK. Depaul UK has a wide range of services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness.
The Employment and Education Lead role:
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and youth-focused Education and Employment Lead, to work at our service based in London on a full time basis.
This role is based at our unique service, i-Aspire, which energises opportunities for employment, education, training and volunteering for our clients in the communities we work in.
The successful post-holder will ensure our care leavers are fully equipped with the skills and confidence to take their next steps into work or education. To achieve this successful transition, you will be working with local and national employers to facilitate work tasters, placements, traineeships, apprenticeships and job opportunities.
The official job title for this position is Specialist ETE Coach.
What makes the Employment and Education Lead role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’.
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success as one of our Employment and Education Lead
- NVQ Level 3 or above in Advice and Guidance or equivalent or NVQ Level 2 or above in Youth Work
- Experience of using risk assessments and support planning
- Experience of providing Education, Training, Employment support to young people
- Excellent interpersonal skills – and ability to communicate effectively via a range of methods
- Ability to demonstrate clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Employment and Education Lead then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 23 June 2021 at 12:00 pm
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.