At Depaul UK have an exciting opportunity for an individual specialising in family mediation to join our brand new service in Milton Keynes on a full time permanent basis. In return you’ll earn a competitive salary of £20,859 - £22,899 pa (depending on experience/qualifications) pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We provide services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering. We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our Family Support and Mediation Worker, we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays pro rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Family Support and Mediation Worker role:
The successful post-holder will be responsible for setting-up and running our new Reconnect service. The service aims to prevent young people experiencing homelessness where they are at risk of a breakdown in family or other significant relationships.
You will work collaboratively with all Depaul colleagues and external agencies to build and maintain a caseload of clients experiencing family difficulties and at risk of homelessness. You will provide a wide range of support and guidance to our clients and their families, aiming to improve understanding and communication, reduce conflict and strengthen relationships.
The official job title for this role is Reconnect Worker.
What makes this role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the skills required.
- Training in interpersonal mediation with an accredited provider, if necessary.
- Regular peer support with other Depaul Mediators/Family Workers, either via Skype or in person
- External Clinical Supervision
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner.
What will ideally support your success in the Family Support and Mediation Worker role?
- Significant experience working with young people and families in crisis
- Experience of working independently and managing own caseload
- Experience of carrying out risk and needs assessments and support planning for clients
- Ability to develop strong, collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues and key external agencies
- High level understanding of professional boundaries and ability to maintain impartiality
Closing date: Monday 12 October 2020 at 12:00 pm
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Family Support and Mediation Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.