Depaul UK are currently recruiting for a youth-focused Housing Management Worker, passionate about ending homelessness, to work as part of a team based in Oldham. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21,068 per annum plus pension and benefit.
Depaul UK works with some of the most disadvantaged young people in the UK. We specialise in working in communities where poverty and long-term unemployment have resulted in generations of social exclusion and high rates of homelessness
Over the past 30 years, we have grown as an organisation and developed and enhanced our work and the impact it has across the UK. Depaul UK has a wide range of services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness
What’s the role all about?
We are currently looking for a youth-focused Housing Management Worker who is passionate about ending homelessness, to work as part of a team delivering an assessment, support, and move-on service to vulnerable clients in supported or community-based accommodation.
In this exciting job opportunity, you will have joint responsibility with team members for ensuring minimal loss of income through voids and bad debts. In addition, you will work closely with Depaul’s Rent Manager to ensure accurate rental records are maintained and undertake associated legal action regarding tenancies as required.
As our Housing Management Worker, you shall also be responsible for ensuring that our accommodation provision is well maintained, safe and homely. You will have a thorough understanding of the Landlord Management Agreement, Housing Management Agreement, and any contracts or grants that are relevant to the service within which you work.
What makes the Housing Management Worker?
- Thorough induction and orientation to help you settle in and ensure you have the knowledge and support you need to perform your role.
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner.
What will ideally support your success as our Housing Management Worker:
- Experience of working within a supported and/or social housing setting
- An understanding of the needs of people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health, substance use, or care leavers.
- Knowledge and understanding of intensive housing management
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
- Commitment to working in a manner that promotes diversity and equality ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and no one suffers from discrimination.
- Commitment to promoting an environment that has the highest regard for the Health and Safety of others.
- High-level understanding of professional boundaries and ability to maintain boundaries
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible, and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Housing Management Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date for applications: Friday 29th October 2021 at 23:59
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.