Depaul UK is one of the UK largest youth homelessness charities and we support those who have been homeless or are at risk of homelessness. We are searching for a Night Housing and Support Worker to join our team in Cheetham Hill. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £19,306 (FTE) Per Annum Plus Pension & Other Benefits.
We are currently developing and expanding the work that we do with young people to prevent homelessness. This includes our well-established Nightstop service, which provides a safe place to stay in the homes of volunteers, as well as working with families and delivering a programme to schools, colleges and other educational and youth settings.
The Night Housing and Support Worker Role:
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual that is keen on impacting lives of vulnerable young people and adults at risk of homelessness in Cheetham Hill, Manchester.
As a Night Housing and Support Worker, you will join a team of professionals delivering support service to vulnerable homeless female residents in a nine-bed residential project.
You will be responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive environment by ensuring the safety and wellbeing of clients, volunteers and staff in the service at all times.
Key responsibilities of our Night Housing and Support Worker:
- You will hold specific responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of the environment for clients, staff, visitors and volunteers through regular risk assessment, health and safety checks and reporting in accordance with the Health and Safety Policy.
- You will maintain the security of the property and by responding to any breach or identified defect as soon as practicable
- You will support occupants in the resolution of disputes relating to, for example, anti-social behaviour or other occupancy agreement breaches
What we are looking for in our Night Housing and Support Worker:
You will have excellent communication skills and be committed to the values and ethos of Depaul UK.
- Experiencing of working with young people or those who have experienced homelessness
- Experience of using Risk Assessments and Support Planning.
- Experience of facilitating workshops and client involvement meetings
- Experience of operating safeguarding requirements and procedures
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
- Flexible working and family-friendly policies
- Access to Perkbox giving you deals and discounts for a wide range of brands
- Up to 7% contributory pension
- Paid training & personal E-Learning portal
- Sabbatical leave
- Health cash plan
- Paid DBS
- Death in service
- Cycle to work scheme
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Night Housing and Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date for Night Housing and Support Worker applications: Thursday 14th July at 23:59
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this role. Our recruitment checks, induction, and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.