At Depaul UK we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Outreach Worker to come and join our team in the North Tyneside. You will join us on a full time basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £20,859 per annum + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a wide range of support and housing services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We specialise in the provision of services that: prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training and volunteering in the communities we work within.
In return as our Outreach Worker, you'll be joining a friendly, flexible and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Outreach Worker role:
We are looking for a committed Outreach Worker to support our work with Outreach support for young people at risk based in North Tyneside.
Depaul helps people around the UK who are homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged, with a special focus on young people. We are a homelessness charity with the largest network of emergency accommodation for young people in the UK, making a difference to the lives of thousands of young people each year. We are unique, innovative and very passionate about what we do, working in the very heart of local communities.
You will have a vital role to play in helping us achieve our mission of offering homeless and disadvantaged people the opportunity to fulfil their potential and move towards an independent and positive future.
What makes this role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
- Access to a total rewards package including a health plan and generous pension contributions
What will ideally support your success in the Outreach Worker role?
- Experience of working with the client group and an understanding of their needs, poor mental health and substance use
- A knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments and Support Planning
- An understanding and commitment to working in an assets-based way
- High level understanding of professional boundaries and ability to maintain boundaries
Closing Date: Friday 17th July at 12:00
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Outreach Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from unsolicited recruitment or media agencies.