At Depaul UK have an exciting opportunity for an Outreach Youth Homelessness Worker to join our team on a full time permanent basis. In return you’ll earn a competitive salary of £19,608 pa + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We provide services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering. We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our Outreach Youth Homelessness Worker, we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays pro rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Outreach Youth Homelessness Worker role:
Working under the direction, guidance and support of a senior worker you will be responsible for a caseload of clients as well as share responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of all clients, volunteers and staff in the service.
What makes this role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills required’
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success in the Outreach Youth Homelessness Worker role?
- Excellent experience in outreach support with rough sleepers and vulnerable young people
- Good experience of Safeguarding and operating safeguarding requirements and procedures
- Experience of using Risk Assessments and Support Planning tools
- Experience of managing a large case load and record keeping
- Experience of lone working
Closing date: Thursday 29 October 2020 at 12:00 pm
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Outreach Youth Homelessness Worker then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.